WHAS 11, Digital Content Reporter (full-time), Louisville KY
Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: Digital Content Reporter
Primary Industry: Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Manage Others: No
WHAS11, the TEGNA station and ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY is seeking a Digital Content Reporter to help expand our growing digital platforms.
If you have the desire to create engaging, clickable stories and share them on social media and on-air, then this is the place to showcase your skills.
The position is responsible for developing and publishing original content for whas11.com and our social media accounts, and monitoring all local news beats and trending digital sources to evaluate and assign
coverage for all platforms at WHAS11. The right candidate is a passionate, strong writer who can find and develop original, engaging content that drives social engagement using text, video, and multimedia and can work well as part of a technically savvy team that collaborates with content producers and reporters to develop valuable, relevant
content on all platforms. A strong working knowledge of the Louisville area is important. Candidate must also be willing to work various shifts.
You must be able to shoot, edit, write and turn daily pieces. You must be creative and offer a willingness to “push the envelope.”
You must be a self-starter who we can count on—to show up on time, motivated and ready to roll. Previous newsroom experience preferred but not mandatory. Must be willing to work flexible days and hours.
- Covering breaking news events as part of a fast-paced digital team
- Strong writing skills
- Solid news knowledge – preferably of the Louisville market
- Working in multiple content management systems
- Editing and managing video on digital platforms
- Knowledgeable about how to use social media to generate digital traffic and engagement
- Researching, creating, and publishing original content to wtsp.com
- Ability to identify potentially viral stories
- Ability to work with reporters to develop assigned stories
- Working under tight deadlines
- Planning ahead for social and digital coverage of events
- Ability to manage content on a variety of platforms including desktop, mobile sites, apps and social media
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type:Full Time
City:Louisville – KY 40202
Experience: 3 Year(s)
- Three years’ experience working in news as a digital producer and/or on an assignment desk
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources and work well with varied personalities on deadline
working in a digital content management system like Wordpress, Lakana,
Brightcove, and with digital photo and video editing tools
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
Apply at WHAS11.com or TEGNA.com
Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Cofactor.
For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Contact Company: WHAS 11, Louisville,KY
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Contact Details: Alison Markenson
Apply Online URL: http://whas11.com or TEGNA.com