The purpose of this position is to assist the Warehouse Manager in overseeing warehouse operations. This position will be responsible for: all customer orders to ensure on time shipment, and for holding daily pre-work meeting and ensuring information is communicated to the team members. This position may supervise a team of 20 to 25 team members. As a member of the Distribution Center leadership team, this position will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the inventory and will coach team members on the importance of quality work performance, as well as work to ensure superior customer service.
The challenging responsibilities of the position include:
- Manages the daily labor and ensuring overtime is < 5% on a weekly basis.
- Conducts daily pre-shift meetings and other meetings as necessary to communicate business updates with hourly team of 20 - 25 team members.
- Coach, train and mentor DC team members in the areas of productivity, quality, safety and Medline Core Values. Ensure that all LMS observations are completed on time and are filled out accurately.
- Assist the DO/warehouse manager in maintaining a safe work environment for DC team members. Including retraining team members, coaching and counseling regarding performance and safety policies, supporting a safety culture through team meetings and activities to enhance safety awareness.
- Responsible for writing and conducting performance reviews on a bi-annual basis for hourly DC team members.
In return, Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential; a competitive compensation package; along with a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; education assistance; 401(k) with company match and much more!
The required skills for this position are:
- 4 year college degree, relevant experience accepted in lieu of education. 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- Candidate must have a high sense of urgency and customer service.
- Ability to effectively speak before groups of team members and customers of Medline.
- Have the ability to multi task in a fast pace work environment. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in SAP & Catalyst
- Ability to read, write, and speak in fluent English.
- Proficient in arithmetic.
- Must be a team player and will need an excellent work ethic.
- Must be a self-starter with exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Move product, supplies, and boxes up to and over 50 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity-near and far, depth perception, field of vision, color vision.
No agencies please.
Medline is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer including women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Apply At: https://medline.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=WAR01000K&lang=en&media_id=40563&src=States_Compliance