SUNRISE CHILDREN’S SERVICES Foster Parent Trainer Lexington - Morehead area
Contact: Kenny Williams
DIVISION: Community Based Services
REPORTS TO: Foster Care Program Director
GRADE: E (Exempt) EEO: 2
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To train foster care families using approved training modules for a
defined regional area as well as provide assistance in training foster care families statewide as
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: The responsibilities and duties for this position
include, but are not limited to the following:
· Manage the Prospective Foster Parent Reporting System for the tracking of received calls/inquiries from prospective foster families in order to report all inquiries to the office of the Vice President for Foster Care and Community Based Services for recruitment purposes.
· Process all prospective foster parent inquiries within 48 hours by phone screening each family and visiting the family in their home if possible to provide informational materials.
· Oversee foster parent orientation, training and certification for potential Foster Families and Respite Care Providers by conducting foster parent pre-service training sessions using the approved training curriculum insuring all training and certification requirements are met.
· Prepare/Process completed initial certification paperwork in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
· Complete foster parent home studies within two weeks of the last pre-service certification class.
· Responsible for maintaining accuracy and timeliness of established tracking system.
· Provide monthly reports to the Foster Care Director and Marketing and Advancement Team regarding recruitment/marketing results.
· Act as liaison between prospective foster parents and foster care specialists by participating in monthly Treatment Team meetings for the purpose of bridging relationships between new families and specialists.Assist in foster parent and agency marketing/recruitment activities as approved by Marketing and Advancement in conjunction with the foster care director.
· Orientation and training of new foster care staff regarding the foster parent curriculum.
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Interpersonal Skills: High degree of skill in nonverbal, oral and written communications: sophisticated ability to identify, define and explain complex problems and the persuasion skills necessary to implement solutions to those problems.
· Education: Bachelor's degree.
· Experience: Two to five years related experience required.
· Skill: Knowledge of standardized, but moderately complex policies, procedures/or operations/programs requiring training and experience. Ability to organize moderately complex tasks and analyze complex issues. Independent judgement is a critical element.
· Creativity: Ability to generate imaginative work or ideas which affect moderately complex, multiple tasks; ability to conceptualize the implementation thereof, and the management of resources across work groups, programs and departments.
· Responsibility: Significant impact on quality and efficiency of regional services or revenue/expenses. Policies and procedures govern activities. Permitted to make decisions on problems/issues subject to prior approval by supervisor.
· Supervision: Committee volunteers.
· Other: Must be able to travel; ability to drive unassisted statewide as necessary is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use
hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must possess the ability to speak clearly with good verbal skills and must be
able to communicate over the telephone. The employee must be able to create and read
Many other community based programs & jobs in behavior health related field can be found at http://www.sunrise.org/employment-opportunities. Jobs in regions of Lexington, KY, Pikeville, KY, & Hopkinsville, KY and many more.
Posted on Wed, October 22, 2014
by Jacklyn Perdue