SUNRISE CHILDREN’S SERVICES Foster Care Specialist Eastern Foster Care (Pikeville)
Contact: Renita Tackett
DIVISION: Community Based Services
REPORTS TO: Foster Care Director or Foster Care Supervisor
GRADE: E (Exempt) EEO: 2
PRIMARY FUNCTION & PURPOSE: To supervise foster families and coordinate and supervise the placement of children in foster care.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES: The responsibilities and duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
· Processes placements for foster homes and completes placement paperwork.
· Develops and monitors the treatment of each child in the assigned foster home, which will include meetings with the child’s legal guardian(s), court appearances and transportation to appointments.
· Creates a safe, secure, and sanitary environment for clients per program/agency policies.
· Communicates/disseminates information to internal and external support systems.
· Arranges and conducts home visits in order to provide supervision of fosterparents to educate and model appropriate techniques as well as provide emotional, spiritual, and physical support.
· Exhibits professionalism at all times when representing Sunrise Children’s Services.
· In conjunction with the Program Director, ensures regulatory compliance.
· Completes all paperwork within the agency guidelines.
· Provides transportation for clients when needed.
· Other duties assigned.
· Interpersonal Skills: Competency in nonverbal, oral and written communications; ability to identify, define and explain day-to-day problems and solutions.
· Education: Master’s degree preferred but will consider a Bachelor's degree in social work, human services or a related area.
· Experience: Two to five years related experience required if applicant does not have a Master’s degree.
· Skills: Knowledge of standardized, but moderately complex policies, procedures and/or operations/programs requiring training and experience. Ability to organize moderately complex tasks and analyze complex issues.
· Creativity: Ability to generate imaginative work or ideas which affect moderately complex activities within his/her work group, programs or department; and the ability to conceptualize the implementation thereof.
· Responsibility: Significant impact on quality and efficiency of services or operation of agency or revenues/expenses. Permitted to make decisions on moderately complex problems/issues. Many people at this level are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required
to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and to reach with hands and arms.
Many other community based programs & jobs in behavior health related field can be found at http://www.sunrise.org/employment-opportunities. Jobs in regions of Lexington, KY, Pikeville, KY, & Hopkinsville, KY and many more.
Posted on Wed, October 22, 2014
by Jacklyn Perdue