Position Title: Summer Internship in Belize
Company Name: Thirst Missions
Location of Job: Belize
Company Headquarters Address:
1650 11 Street SW.
City : Forest Lake
State : Minnesota
Zip Code : 55025
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Position Description: Thirst Missions is looking for college-age interns to join our summer staff in Belize from June 5 – August 1, 2016.
A few details:
Each intern will be an integral member of our 2-4 person leadership teams as we host churches from North America each week. We will be staying with the participating teams across the country of Belize and be providing each of them with a 6-12 day mission trip in Belize. Responsibilities could include lining up ministry opportunities, ministry sites, restaurants, recreation, and transportation. Other responsibilities might include preparing breakfast and snacks, leading worship and debriefing, participating and leading meetings, and generally guiding each church’s trip. Our goal is to use each team member’s strengths and interests to best serve the churches and groups.
You can find out more information on Thirst Missions through our website, www.thirstmissions.org or our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/thirstmissionsbelize
• Use your gifts and talents for God’s glory.
• Practice and develop many skills; including leadership, ministry, organization, management, and communication.
• Encourage the church groups from North America and help them grow in their faith through providing them with an incredible mission trip.
• Resume and reference builder.
• Opportunity to serve the people of Belize.
• Work alongside and learn from experienced mission trip leaders and assistant leaders.
• Snorkel and/or swim in the Caribbean once a week with the church groups.
• Earn college credits, if desired.
Applicant is required to be a devoted Christian who believes in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and believes that the Bible is the inspired, infallible word of God. Short-term mission’s experience is required and international missions experience is preferred. Local ministry experience within your community, church, or school is necessary. Applicants should be selfless, ministry minded, hard working, energetic, reliable, flexible, enjoy working with people, and need to be a team player. Interns should be available to work in Belize during the summer months. This is an extremely rewarding and challenging opportunity and needs to be applied for after much prayer and consideration.
• $500-800 (depending on where you are flying from) for plane ticket to/from Belize
• $2000 for the summer to cover some living expenses (food, lodging in hotels, recreation, transportation, training, ministry materials, etc.) All additional summer expenses are covered by Thirst Missions
1) Complete application and turn in by March 1, 2016
2) Attach your resume and references
3) Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: Jason P
Website Address for Applying Online: http://thirstmissions.org/thirst-info/about-us/internship/
Posted on Mon, January 25, 2016
by Teresa Elmore