Summer Intern Part-time Kentucky Farm Bureau Federation Louisville
Position Description: • Assist with researching and writing news releases and posting online news articles.
• Research and update database of journalist e-mails used for press release distribution.
• Research source materials and create media kits for Kentucky Farm Bureau’s “Measure the Candidates” forum.
• Assist in planning and preparing the 2015 Institute for Future Agricultural Leaders (IFAL) binders and materials.
• Attend the IFAL Conferences.
• Murray State University: June 14-18
• University of Kentucky: June 21-25
• Assist with preparations and attend the 2015 Young Farmer Summer Outing, July 10-11.
• Assist with maintaining Kentucky Farm Bureau scholarship records, contacting recipients and performing administrative duties related to the Education Foundation.
• Assist with tasks related to the Kentucky Farm Bureau Golf Classic and solicitation of judges for young farmer contests, communication awards and other recognition programs.
• Assist with preparations for the National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference and the district women’s planning meetings.
• Attend a district policy development meeting and learn about the policy development process.
• Approximately 20-30 hours per week.
• Some evening work and in-state travel possible.
A stipend of $3,000, to be paid at a rate of $250 per week for a total of 12 weeks. Internship will begin in mid-May and end in early August 2015.
Contact Name: Susan Tanner
P.O. Box 20700
City : Louisville
State : Kentucky 40250
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (502) 495-5000
Posted on Tue, February 24, 2015
by Jacklyn Perdue