Position Title: Staff Accountant at DMLO CPAs
Location of Job: Louisville
9300 Shelbyville Rd, Suite 1100
City : Louisville Kentucky 40222
Contact Name: Sarah Antle
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description: DMLO CPAs
JOB DESCRIPTION—STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Summary of Responsibilities:
Staff accountants are given a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, and ability to meet time constraints.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting.
• Either holds a current and valid certified public accountant’s license, or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
• Effectively communicate with clients.
• Understand the rules, regulations, and Code of Professional Conduct of the AICPA.
• Obtain the minimum hours of continuing professional education as required by state law.
Financial statement engagements:
• Become familiar with pronouncements of the FASB, AICPA, and when assigned to governmental engagements, the GAO and GASB.
• Become familiar with the firms software programs used for financial statement engagements.
• Reconcile client records to the trial balance.
• Perform substantive and analytical procedures.
• Become familiar with pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
• Become familiar with the firms software program used for tax return preparation.
• Obtain a working knowledge of research techniques using various firm research sources.
• Become proficient in the preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary, and other tax returns prepared by the firm.
Posted on Mon, August 10, 2015
by Teresa Elmore