Co-Op Position Title: Human Resources Intern
Reports to (Supervisor): Rob Kennedy – Human Resources Manager
Area Of Accountability: In this position, the intern will be exposed to a variety of HR functions at all levels.
- Assist with the hourly and salary recruiting process. Review resumes for applicability, assists in writing job requisitions/ position descriptions, ensures jobs are properly evaluated, contacts potential candidates, sets interviews, leads or assists with the new hire orientation process, ensures organizational announcements are completed.
- Answers questions of employees related to salary and hourly benefits, assists with benefit issues as required.
- Aids in the development and presentation of training programs, oversees logistics for courses, communicates availability, and ensures proper procedures are followed for committing to external training.
- Participates in college recruiting process, visits campuses for career fairs and on campus interviews, communicates with campus contacts, meets with students and professors as necessary.
- Assists with entering data and performing audits in the Human Resources Information System,
orms queries and downloads, sets up templates as required.
- Performs other tasks and projects as assigned
- Enrolled student working toward a Bachelor’s degree in a business related major, preferably in Human Resources.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, strong planning skills
- Ability to meet and communicate with employees in a one on one and group setting
- Minimum GPA requirement 2.5/4.0
Posted on Wed, October 1, 2014
by Kyle Becknell