Buckhorn Children and Family Services, is in need of social workers on both of our residential campuses – Buckhorn Children’s Center in Buckhorn, KY and Dessie Scott Children’s Home in Pine Ridge, Kentucky. Below is the ad that we have placed in papers. We encourage qualified applicants to apply.
Job Title: Social Worker - Relocation to Pine Ridge, KY or Buckhorn, KY
Company: Buckhorn Children & Family Services
Buckhorn Children & Family Services operates residential and psychiatric residential treatment programs, treatment foster care and adoption services programs, and intervention prevention services in Kentucky. Buckhorn Children & Family Services is currently seeking social worker to assist the operations on the residential campus. Relocation assistance to Pine Ridge, Kentucky or Buckhorn, Kentucky may be provided.
Residential and Psychiatric Residential Treatment Programs in Kentucky serves boys and girls, ages 13 – 18, with histories of emotional and behavioral disturbances and a variety of failed placements in other homes and treatment facilities. At both Buckhorn Children’s Center (Buckhorn) and Dessie Scott Children’s Home (Pine Ridge), children live in cottages supervised by a cottage coordinator and child care staff. These employees manage the day to day routines while demonstrating care to each child. A therapist/social worker, nurse, clinical staff, educators, and a consulting psychiatrist complete the treatment team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & TASKS
* Responsible for therapeutic intervention with individuals or groups.
* Prepare treatment plans and serve on treatment team.
* Provides assessment of children and their families.
* Provides treatment services and therapeutic milieu.
* Must be able to defuse potentially dangerous situations, and remain calm in an emergency.
* Must be able to utilize behavior management techniques and serve as a role model.
* Must be able to interact in a warm compassionate manner; de-escalating, and restraining clients when necessary.
* Must be able to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the client, other clients, and employees within the department.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone.
SOCIAL WORKER QUALIFICATIONS
* Must have a Master’s Degree in a human services field with two or more years of experience working with children and families.
* Candidate must hold a valid Kentucky license (i.e. LPCC, LSCW, LMFT or LPP) or certification (i.e. LPCA, CSW with supervision, LPA- Psych. Assoc.) to provide therapy.
* Kentucky State Board approved supervision provided, as needed.
* Relocation Assistance may be provided.
Please send resumes to:
Patrica (Patty) Wilder
Buckhorn Children & Family Services
116 Buckhorn Lane
Buckhorn, KY 41721
Office Phone: (606) 398-7000 ext. 240
Office Fax: (606) 398-7912
Posted on Mon, June 13, 2016
by Teresa Elmore