Social Media Specialist at Child Mind Institute in New York, NY
The Child Mind Institute is an independent nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Our teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most. Together with our supporters, we're helping children reach their full potential in school and in life. We share all of our resources freely and do not accept any funding from the pharmaceutical industry.
The Child Mind Institute (CMI) seeks a social media professional to lead our outreach and advocacy initiatives on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks. You are a good fit for this position if you understand how to use social channels to engage with supporters, encourage content sharing, and cultivate brand affinity. The Social Media Specialist must be able to communicate the organization's mission and brand messaging in a positive, authentic way and have the skills needed to drive meaningful conversations about topics of interest to our community. The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, a good writer, a creative thinker, and a passionate social campaigner. This position has primary responsibility for planning and optimizing social posts, managing paid advertising on social channels, and outlining strategies for social campaigns – including collaborative efforts with partner organizations.
The Social Media Specialist reports to the Digital Director in the Communications department. It is a full-time, exempt position located in our NYC headquarters. CMI offers competitive salary and benefits.
- Monitor and manage our social media presence, taking the lead on day-to-day posting.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to develop a social media content plan, craft content for our own social channels, and plan content for partner campaigns.
- Pro-actively monitor the news for relevant themes/stories, watch influencers, and spot trends.
- Respond to questions from the community, encourage content sharing and seed conversations.
- Apply sound judgment and take prompt action in response to inappropriate or malicious posts.
- Look for opportunities to promote social growth via owned channels such as website and email.
- Track and report on performance of social channels regularly, analyze data and offer actionable insights to make content developed for social channels more effective.
- Manage the social media marketing budget.
- Define a social media strategy that leverages our content assets, aligns with our overall brand strategy, and supports our marketing goals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years in marketing, communications or public relations, including at least 1 year in a role with full responsibility for managing an organization's online reputation and social media presence.
- Prior experience using social media to achieve business objectives in a professional environment (corporate or nonprofit).
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms, including how audiences may differ across platforms and what kinds of tactics are effective on different platforms.
- Broad understanding of digital marketing and advertising, with a specific interest in the thoughtful application of social paid media tactics to meet nonprofit business objectives.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics, HTML/CSS and Photoshop.
- Creative but also highly analytical, with ability to make metrics-driven decisions.
- Team player with a good attitude and the confidence to lead others.
- Results-driven pro who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and who is inspired by our organization's mission.
Application Details and Instructions
Click here to apply. Please upload cover letter and resume as one document in the resume section on the application site.
Employment at Will Relationship: This position description does not constitute a guarantee that employment will continue for any specified period of time. Rather, employment is at the mutual consent of the employee and CMI, and can be terminated at will by the employee or by CMI.
CMI reserves the right to modify the job description and/or reporting relationship at any time.
CMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about the Child Mind Institute, please visit www.childmind.org.
No phone calls or recruiters, please. This position will remain open until filled.
- New York, New York, 10022, United States
- August 18, 2016
- Social Media Specialist
- Child Mind Institute
- Digital Communications
Posted on Thu, August 25, 2016
by Teresa Elmore