you are interested in becoming a teacher, the courses, field
experiences, student teaching and all other program experiences in
teacher preparation will provide a strong foundation to prepare you to impact student learning positively.
learning is one of the special joys and outcomes of becoming a teacher.
As a result of program experiences, you will be equipped with the
knowledge, skills and dispositions to create a classroom climate in
which your students can learn. The education program has a distinguished record of preparing students to become caring teachers.
The mission of the teacher
education program at Campbellsville University is to prepare teachers
for their respective fields by providing an academic infrastructure
based on scholarship, service and Christian leadership. The primary
goal of the program is to advance scholars who are competent, caring
and qualified, who can positively impact student learning, and who are
committed to life-long learning in a global society.
Campbellsville University School of Education is accredited by The National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE),
the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB). The University is a part of the NASDTEC interstate
agreement (National Association of State Directors of Teacher
Education) which facilitates certification of our graduates in other states.
Certification is available in the following grade levels/content areas:
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (IECE)*
- Elementary Education P - 5: Interdisciplinary
- Middle Grades Education 5 - 9: English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies
- Secondary Education 8 - 12: Biology, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, Social Studies
- P - 12: Art, Health, Music, Physical Education, Special Education, Spanish
- ESL Endorsement
- Environmental Education Endorsement
*A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree program is also available in Early Childhood (ECE), without teacher certification.
Continuing education is available to teachers interested in advancing scholarship and/or certification in the following areas:
- Teacher Leader Master of Arts in Education
- Teacher Leader Master of Arts in Special Education
- Master of Arts in Special Education (includes initial certification)
- Gifted/Talented Education Endorsement
- English as a Second Language Endorsement (ESL) Endorsement
- Rank I
- Director of Special Education