GREAT opportunity for experienced alumni!:
Public Relations & Social Media Manager, US Anti-Doping Agency, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Oversee and develop positive public exposure for USADA, its mission for clean athletes and the integrity of sport. To be accomplished primarily through working with internal and external stakeholders to provide accurate information to the public through a variety of channels, including online platforms and social media, about the organization’s, programs, policies and services.
· Manages or assists with marketing and promotion activities, including development and execution of clean sport public service advertising campaigns
· Key topic talking point development as needed, as well as general talking points development/management and press release drafting and editing as needed
· Manages or assists in managing audio/video projects
· Works with other departments to create and implement PR and Media relations plans for both USADA and the TrueSport program with a focus on highlighting the work the organization is doing and partnerships the organization is involved in (e.g. new technology development, scientific research announcements, athlete advisories, collaboration with the Partnership for Clean Competition etc.)
· Provide review and expertise for communications touch points organization-wide on message development, content creation, delivery mechanism(s), and follow-up between USADA departments.
· Provide support and leadership on various programs and events, whether one-time or recurring, such as the annual Science Symposium, DCO Conference, Supplement411 initiatives & conferences, NGB summits, etc.
· Manages the creation and implementation of the organization’s strategic social media plan, as well as creating and editing content for all of USADA’s digital platforms, including social media
· Assists with the creation and copyediting of content for USADA’s print publications
· Manages correspondence with the general public, including: responding to student requests, answering appropriate public questions, and insuring incoming requests for information are distributed to the appropriate department
· Maintain a comprehensive media monitoring program to ensure communications staff is constantly aware of up-to-the minute stories, articles, and trends affecting anti-doping
· Develops and manages e-Communications with USADA stakeholders, including development of audience databases, messages, graphic design/layout, management of schedule/delivery, and interface with outside vendor(s)
· Other projects and programs as assigned or determined are beneficial or necessary.
· Travel as necessary to conferences, trade shows, or special events to deliver presentations, or to support/promote USADA programs and resources.
· BS / BA degree
· 3 - 5 years’ work experience
· Passion for the rights of clean athletes and the integrity of sport
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to create and maintain relationships with media
· Ability to remain calm and perform accurately under pressure
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Personality must be of a mature and diplomatic nature
· Ability to work with various levels of management
· Ability to interact with internal and external customers
· Ability to work in a diverse environment
· Able to perform in a team environment
· Able to meet deadlines
· Ability to work flexible hours and travel as needed
· Proficiency in MS Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Work experience in athletics and sport
· Work experience in creating and implementing public relations campaigns
· Work experience in creating and implementing social media communications strategies
· Work experience in filming and editing video (preferably with experience editing in Final Cut Pro)
Posted on Wed, May 7, 2014
by Teresa Elmore