SPARKS Consulting Group (www.sparkscg.com) is a boutique marketing and public relations firm headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia that specializes in providing national media exposure for brands in the beauty, fashion, entertainment, food, lifestyle and technology realms. We deliver expertise in integrated marketing, branding, public relations, strategic partnerships, and brand development strategies.
In an ever-shifting information universe, we use creativity and savvy to spotlight our clients’ products and messages. Our work has put us at the center of a high caliber network of contacts in all areas relevant and beneficial to our clients. We partner with each one closely to achieve effective and consistent results. Striving for perfection, we understand and share our clients’ desire for measurable success and aim to exceed expectations.
SPARKS Consulting Group is seeking a Full Time PR + Marketing Assistant to assist in the planning and execution of marketing and public relations activities for the clients of SPARKS Consulting Group. This person should be a proactive self-starter with knowledge of the fashion, beauty and lifestyle industry, and someone who is very interested in gaining hands-on experience in all aspects of PR and Marketing from the development of ideas to the execution of campaigns. The ideal PR + Marketing Assistant is highly organized, creative, and extremely detailed-oriented. The candidate needs to be able to thrive in a time-sensitive work environment, and must be able to multi-task.
The duties of the PR + Marketing Assistant include, but are not limited to: writing marketing collateral for clients (including product descriptions, brand/product pitches, press releases and promotional copy), organizing and managing press outreach (including phone pitching) building/maintaining relationships with key press contacts, generating direct mail and e-mail media lists for use in PR + marketing campaigns, drafting weekly and monthly PR + marketing reports, developing new ways to market client products/services, implementing marketing plans for client launches, and creating event concepts + helping to execute them. The PR + Marketing Associate will also perform organizational and copy writing duties as needed.
- Develop and implement marketing and public relations strategies.
- Draft press releases.
- Craft client blog posts.
- Maintain media lists for all clients. Make additions and edits as needed.
- Execute e-mail campaigns and manage all follow-up correspondence.
- Pitch reporters/editors over the phone in an effective, marketing savvy manner.
- Perform weekly client duties, i.e. marketing reports, press schedules, etc.
- Research new business opportunities.
- Brainstorm new, unique ways to help promote our clients.
- Create and maintain relationships with media.
- Take active role in helping to orchestrate client events.
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A can do and positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and take direction
- Previous work or internship experience in the Public Relations field preferred
Interested Candidates should send a resume along with a cover letter and two writing samples to email@example.com and Colette@sparkscg.com.