Promotions Director, Full time,
Alpha Media, Louisville KY, 12/4/15
Position Title: PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
Company Name: ALPHA MEDIA - LOUISVILLE
Location of Job: LOUISVILLE, KY
: 520 S. 4th Street
City : Louisville
State : Kentucky
Zip Code : 40202
Position Description: Alpha Media - Louisville is looking to add to our
dynamic team with a full-time Promotions Director to maximize the effectiveness
of our broadcast, digital and social media platforms for Urban B96.5, Urban A/C
Magic 101.3, and Classic Hip Hop, Old School 105.1. The successful candidate
will be comfortable managing and motivating a promotions staff. The ideal
candidate will possess a strong marketing background with a passion for
creativity and executing big ideas along with solid managerial and communication
Come work for the fastest growing media company in America!
• Execute the specific assigned stations’ annual marketing/promotion plan
by assisting management and sales in developing and executing concepts which
generate cume, time spent exposed, and revenue for the stations.
• Supervise the operational aspects of the Promotions Department including
event management, contesting, execution of sales promotions, and annual station
• Interact with listeners who contact the stations or are contest winners.
• Aid in making sure the Promotions Department operates within overall annual
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
• Ongoing recruitment of part-time promotions tech staff.
• Create and execute a training program for all part-time promotions team
• Manage and execute scheduling, supervising, leading, and motivating the
part-time promotions team.
• Develop and execute unique social media strategies to engage listeners and
• Oversee tracking of promotions tech weekly hours and be sure they are staying
within the given labor budget.
• Manage prep and recaps for all remotes and events.
• Coordinate all contests and promotions whether they be on-air, online, mobile
app or on-site.
• Coordinate purchase and inventory of promotional giveaway items and
• Planning the weekly sales promotion meeting including processing promotional
requests for sales department, following up on necessary action plan for
upcoming promotional events and contesting, pending items, brainstorming ideas
for upcoming events and promotional activities.
• Create contest rules, waivers, and release forms for major contests.
• Supervise and coordinate prize inventory and the awarding of prizes to
• Coordinate winner 1099 tax forms and compliance with the business department.
• Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of promotions building, equipment and
Requirements of this position include:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or related field or an
equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• A minimum of two years’ experience working in media or marketing field.
• Ability to create, communicate and implement strategies and vision.
• Proven success leading and developing a team.
• Proven track record of running successful and profitable events and
• Ability to grow the business and find new revenue opportunities as well as
create productive, long-term promotional and event relationships.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be reachable via phone and/or email after business hours.
• Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Excel, HTML, Power Point and Microsoft Word.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements and have
• Experience with graphic design, photography and/or video editing.
• Prior management experience.
• Two or more years’ experience working in the radio business.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving,
growing entity submit your resume, promotion package, and whatever else will
get you noticed ASAP by clicking on the Apply button. You may also mail the
Alpha Media Louisville
Attn: Ben Davis, Operations Manager
520 S. 4th Street, Second Floor
Louisville, KY 40202
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
Contact Name: Ben Davis
Contact Email Address: MELISSA.NORTON@ALPHAMEDIAUSA.COM
Please include email in job posting
Contact Phone: (502) 625-1220
Posted on Fri, December 4, 2015
by Teresa Elmore