Position Title: Promotions Director, Alpha Media in Louisville KY
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
Location of Job: Louisville, KY
Company Name: Alpha Media - Louisville
520 S 4th Street
City : Louisville
State : Kentucky 40202
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description: Alpha Media Louisville is looking for a full time Promotions Director for 102.3 The Max. This position will manage station promotions, events and be part of our local client and listener engagement efforts.
The successful candidate will have the proven ability to prioritize tasks and manage the stress of a high pressure work environment. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to take direction, possess excellent communication and customer service skills and enjoy working in a team environment that is dynamic, fast paced and deadline driven.
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
• Processing promotional requests between the Programming and Sales departments, following up on pending items, brainstorming ideas for upcoming events and promotional activities, creating revenue-generating ideas, and maintaining an awareness of promotional opportunities in the market.
• Organize and execute station events and execute details necessary for station promotions.
• Interface with Account Executives and Sales Managers as needed.
• Be available for meetings with any and all departments.
• Manage prizing and contesting with station, winners and front desk.
• Meet regularly with Programming and Sales departments to brainstorm ideas, contests and events.
• Manage station merchandise.
• Create contest rules for all station needs.
• Planning and setting up all station remotes and events and/or managing those processes. This comes along with an expectation of ultra-high visibility from vehicles, tents, banners, and other visibility opportunities, as well as managing the manner in which personnel interact with clients, listeners, officials and the public.
• Maintain station vehicles and all supplies within the department.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for this position include the following:
• Experience as Promotions Director or related field (ideally, 1-2 years minimum).
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Professional, friendly, personable, enthusiastic.
• Ability to multi task and deal with constantly evolving deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to manage staff.
• Ability to work closely with high level clients and management.
• Ability to self-manage.
• Proficiency in Excel, HTML, Power Point and Microsoft Word – Photoshop and/or AI skills are a plus.
• Must be available and willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays on a frequent or regular basis.
• Must be reachable via phone and/or email after business hours.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume email@example.com
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact Name: Ben Davis
Posted on Wed, June 24, 2015
by Teresa Elmore