Project Manager, Communications/PR, Norton Healthcare - Louisville, KY
Job description: The communication project manager will have the ability to work closely with internal customers to write and develop communications and media plans designed to engage employees, motivate their behavior, inform the community through earned media and manage the media. The project manager will work independently to develop strategic plans and media promotions. The project manager will guide their own work and make strategic decisions, based on input from Norton Healthcare leadership. The project manager will manage multiple projects, and work with outside vendors. The project manager is responsible for carrying out brand standards, building effective work teams and is accountable for deadlines and metrics. The project manager will set high standards for their work and be accountable for successfully completing projects. The project manager will demonstrate decision-making skills through planning, strategic thinking, time allocation and the meeting of deadlines. The project manager will be responsible for reflecting Norton Healthcare’s brand and its mission, vision and values in communication vehicles and interactions. The project managers must have strong writing skills, and be familiar with the AP Stylebook.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related fields.
· Minimum of three years of active engagement in developing and implementing comprehensive communications plans, media relations strategies and measurement to gauge effectiveness. Excellent written communications skills across multiple business formats
· A solid comprehension of media relations basics (including the creation and distribution of press releases, arranging the logistics for and moderating interviews).
· A thought leader who thinks independently, acts strategically, makes decisions based on metrics and best practices, is organizationally savvy and provides vision that motivates others
· Written and verbal communications skills, as well as a project management skills. Must have an understanding of communications process, such as design, printing, mailing, etc.
· Establishes relationships, communicates openly, promotes teamwork, develops others, builds support
· Strategically analyzes work and metrics, self motivates
· Strong computer skills with a high degree of familiarity with Microsoft Office products and associated software.
· Previous experience with not-for-profit healthcare
· Familiarity with content management for web-based communications
· Familiarity with social media strategies
Norton Healthcare offers a competitive benefit package including:
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
· Short and Long Term Disability
· 403b Plan
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
· College Savings Plan
· Children's Choice Day Care Center
· Downtown Fitness Center
· Free Parking
· Screening Requirements: Drug Screen & Criminal Background Check
· Comprehensive Wellness Program
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Apply AT https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/40860792?trk=eml-jymbii-organic-job-title&refId=e0d09ac2-dfad-4acc-b64e-09db3b1fa2e9&midToken=AQE1zjGHMk7CoQ
Posted on Thu, April 9, 2015
by Jacklyn Perdue