Position Title: Program Director - WGZB, WGHL and WMJM
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
Company Name: Alpha Media
Location of Job: Louisville, KY
520 South 4th Street
City : Louisville
State : Kentucky
Zip Code : 40202
Position Description: Alpha Media - Louisville is looking to add to our dynamic team with a full-time Program Director to lead our urban brands, Urban B96.5, Urban A/C Magic 101.3, and Throwback G105.1. The successful candidate will be comfortable managing and motivating a talented staff and be a proven leader that has a passion for live and local broadcasting. We’re looking for someone with an uncanny ability to inspire a team and engage a local community, someone who possess creativity, content generation, and proven social media strategies that are critical to continuing the bond this station has built with its listeners.
Responsibilities for this position may include:
• Plan, strategize, and manage all aspects of station on-air experience including: talent, content, tone, programming, production, sound, theme, and online presence.
• Coordinate with Programming and Sales departments to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
• Create and maintain a creative vision to enhance station image and visibility within the community.
• Build and maintain successful relationships with record labels, producers, artist managers, composers, and other industry contacts.
• Schedule station music to ensure music remains consistent with each station’s brand.
• Direct and monitor station programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Coordinate with programming, promotions, and sales staffs to execute marketing, promotions and imaging campaigns.
• Generate ideas and NTR events to assist in the creation of revenue for the station.
Requirements of this position may include the following:
• An abundance of Creativity.
• Innate leadership skills.
• Excellent coaching skills to train, develop, and inspire your staff to achieve their greatest potential.
• A minimum of two years’ programming experience.
• Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
• Ability to be flexible and work under short deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs - Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Wide Orbit Audio Automation.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
Preferred requirements of this position may include the following:
• Prior broadcast industry experience.
• Strong understanding of Selector and Adobe Audition.
• Possess a knowledge and passion for Urban Music.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your resume, air-check, and programming philosophy. You may also mail the same to:
Alpha Media - Louisville
ATTN: Ben Davis, Operations Manager
520 S. 4th Street, Second Floor
Louisville, KY 40202
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
Contact Name: Ben Davis
Posted on Tue, September 27, 2016
by Teresa Elmore