Product Support Specialist (44985) at Gordon Food Services
Shepherdsville KY (posted 6/3/2014)
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
As a Product Specialist for our Produce and Grocery /Bakery Category, you will execute strategic category plans to achieve volume and profit targets in support of segmented customer and brand marketing plans as defined by the division. This position is located at our Shepherdsville, KY Distribution Center.
Essential Functions of this position:
· Interfaces and collaborates with internal and external customers, brokers, and vendors to achieve sales and margin goals.
· Provide consultative services on product category with Customer Development Specialist’s (CDS) and customers as requested to achieve category goals
· Analyze relevant reports to understand the sales branch key performance indicators and category impact and resources that drive effective decision-making
· Develop action plans to achieve category goals for assigned market
· Develops and utilizes existing training modules to plan and execute sales product training
· Analyze sales reports, market trends and forecasts to identify segments and account targets. Identify and present product and product trend information to internal and external customers
· Develop relationships with key customers to provide product expertise and market intelligence
· Provide problem analysis and resolution to customer and CDS on product related concerns
· Collaborates with Chain Accounts to appropriately manage proprietary items.
· Participate in the planning and execution of food shows, other related shows, and activities in support of strategic plans.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What we look for in a candidate:
· Bachelor degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or other related field preferred.
· Two years previous product, marketing, or internal sales experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· Familiar with products relating to Produce and/or Grocery Bakery.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational communication and resource and time management skills.
· Ability to read, interpret, and execute plans and instructions.
· Detailed knowledge of product and market trends and the link to business goals.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of teams and individual CDS and be able to prioritize and schedule and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to observe legal and safety procedures.
What we offer our employees here at Gordon Food Service:
· An environment where hard work, customer service and integrity are part of our operational practices and value system
· Advancement opportunities
· High-quality medical, dental & vision benefits
· Matching 401k programs
· Tuition Aid Reimbursement
· Profit Sharing
Why Work for Gordon Food Service?
- Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report -
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
More Info or to Apply: https://career4.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=GFS&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_US&career_job_req_id=44985&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=%2fi8mMdAh2vy1Q3EkZax7GBM7zAQ%3d
Josh Binkley Gordon Food Service
Posted on Wed, June 4, 2014
by Teresa Elmore