Position Title: Minister/Director of Youth
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
Company Name: First Baptist Church of North Vernon
Location of Job: North Vernon, IN
: 525 Hayden Pike
City : North Vernon
State : Indiana
Zip Code : 47265
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (812) 592-2593
Position Description: This staff position will maintain a primary emphasis in planning, coordinating, and carrying out a comprehensive educational, outreach, and fellowship activities and programs for ministering to students between grades 7 and college. The ministry will include, but not be limited to:
• Planning activities to promote a balanced approach to ministry based on three key areas of the Church outlined in the student ministry planning process:
o Seeking God – 2 Timothy 3:16-17, John 14:6-7, Matthew 22:37, Galatians 5:13-6:6, Jeremiah 29:13, Psalm 121
o Serving Others – John 13:34-35, Matthew 22:39
o Sharing Hope – Matthew 28:18-20, Matthew 4:19
• Developing discipleship strategies that promote spiritual maturity in the Student Groups – helping students mature from the community to the core and then prepare to move out to the community for ministry and evangelism.
• Counseling with students and parents to help promote the application of truth from scripture to relevant issues in individual lives
• Working with the Youth Council and other related volunteer ministry teams to involve church congregants in the overall ministry to the students.
• In consultation with the Youth Council, prepare an annual budget for recommendation to the Finance Committee.
• Working within and managing the appropriate budgets of the church.
• Maintaining connection of the youth ministry to the ministry strategy of the church.
• Maintaining a visible presence in the local schools as possible to build relationships with students and faculties to facilitate ministry.
• Caring for personal spiritual development and nurture of the home by maintaining balance in the tasks of ministry, personal time for devotion and recreation, and time at home with family.
Contact Name: Amy Pettit
Website Address for Applying Online:
Please enter the code above: : da795a5
Posted on Mon, October 13, 2014
by Kyle Becknell