Multiple Teaching Positions Teach For America Central USA
Next Deadline: January 30, 2015
In the 2014-15 school year, more than 10,000 corps members will teach 750,000 students in 50 regions across the country. This is the first step to join that movement.
In order to be eligible for Teach For America you must have:
A bachelor's degree by June 2015
A 2.50 undergraduate GPA
Proof of US citizenship, national/permanent resident status, or deferred action for childhood arrivals
Apply AT https://www.teachforamerica.org/online/info/signUp.wbfl;jsessionid=6D63AB5BDDE2C160898A7BF83D8C69EB.tc3?_flowId=signUp-flow&_flowExecutionKey=e1s1
10 Facts about Teach For America:
1. All academic majors and backgrounds accepted
2. Regional and subject placement is not random; applicants preference subjects (PreK-12) and location in our 50 regions
3. Salary ranges from $25,500-$51,000 a year with health insurance and retirement benefits
4. Option to earn your certification and/or Masters in Education/teaching
5. Graduate school and employer partnerships for alum to continue their leadership and impact
6. Our training and support program starts with independent pre-work, an intensive summer training program with student teaching, and continues throughout the two-year commitment with one-on-one coaching and professional development sessions.
7. Only one-quarter of our alumni considered a teaching career before applying to the corps.
8. 50% of our corps members last year identified as people of color, which is more than double that of teachers nationwide.
9. More than two-thirds of our alumni remain in education after their two-year commitment-the majority as teachers.
10. More than 80 percent of our alumni work in education or with low-income communities.
Posted on Tue, February 24, 2015
by Jacklyn Perdue