Education and Experience:
* 2-3 years experience in Youth Ministry and/or college degree (completed or in progress)
in education, ministry, or youth ministry preferred
Hours: Part-time, averaging 16 hours per week
Sunday evenings: 6-8 p.m.
Office, preparation work, and scheduled staff meetings
Attendance at other monthly, quarterly, and annual youth events
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is $10,000 per year, or approximately $12 hourly. Benefits will be in
accordance with church policy guidelines. Approved expenses will be
The Minister to Families with Youth and College Students will oversee ministry to families with youth from 6th grade through college in the church. (More typically through grade 12.) He/she will work with the Board of Christian Education, other church leaders and church staff in developing and implementing programs for youth and their families which will create opportunities for developing their personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
The Minister to Families with Children is a member of the church Advisory Council and
Board of Christian Education (ex-officio). He/she reports directly to the Senior Pastor
and is also accountable to the Deacons, Personnel Committee, and the church body. The
Minister to Youth and College Students should foster an open and positive relationship with staff, committees, and families in the church.
* Develop, plan, staff, and implement regular weekly youth which include Bible study, education, worship, fellowship, and ministry opportunities. On a weekly basis this would cover Sunday morning programs, Sunday evening programs, and Wednesday evening programs
* Coordinate special youth activities such as camps, holiday events, fundraisers and other social events
* Recruit and retain new youth into the life of the church.
* Nurture a sense of spiritual fulfillment, interpersonal closeness, and identity among youth and their families
* Oversee planning and use of annual youth ministry budget.
* Counsel youth and their families in times of crisis.
* Solicit parent and other adult involvement and support for youth ministry
* Participate in worship, educational, ministry, and outreach activities as directed by the Senior Pastor.
Skills, Vision, and Approach:
* Ability to plan, organize, delegate, and recruit for youth programming and events
* Ability to develop and maintain positive, open relationships with volunteers and parents
* Ability to work as an effective and contributing team member with the rest of the church ministry staff, deacons, and CE Board
* Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of youth and how they learn and the ability to apply that knowledge to youth programming
* Experience working with youth from middle school through high school
* Maintains an attitude of encouragement and positivity.
* Sets an example of Christian living for others.
Starting Date: immediately
Personnel Committee Chair and Search Contact:
Cell: 502-263-7413 Email: email@example.com
Dr. Darrell James, Pastor of Culbertson Baptist
Cell: 502-558-7557 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Culbertson Baptist Church
4007 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150
osted by: Mackenzie Rincon
Posted on Wed, March 9, 2016
by Teresa Elmore