Manager, Research / Discovery Communications
Posted Date 6/23/2016
Location US-NY-New York
Division Discovery Channel Division
Type Company Employee Full-Time
Position Summary:The Science Channel Research Manager directs primary research efforts as well as analyses Nielsen data and other syndicated information in order to inform development, production, programming, scheduling, and marketing strategies for the network. There is one direct report.
1. Responsible for identifying and managing primary research efforts, including concept/taster/program tests, positioning testing, viewer dialogues and promo testing.
2. Oversee production of regular Nielsen reports as directed.
3. Develop creative approaches to uncover consumer insights and marketplace trends to develop and support audience building initiatives.
4. Make recommendations for key test metrics to better predict in-market program performance.
5. Candidate will manage all phases of the research process including design, fieldwork, analysis and interpretation of results.
6. Will locate, hire and supervise outside suppliers and consultants.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in market research, cable television preferred
* Solid research, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to synthesize information and research data to "tell a story" with action-oriented implications
* Data analysis and strong mathematical skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interest in understanding consumer behavior
* Must be detailed oriented.
* Must be able to work independently, yet take direction well when necessary
* Minimum of a BS or BA degree required
* Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.
Posted on Tue, June 28, 2016
by Daran Kennon