Learning and Development Specialist, Louisville KY
Mission: The Learning and Development Specialist contributes to the success of the manufacturing operation by providing continuous support to the plant developing and delivering education and training to plant employees in order to improve operational performance. The Specialist will identify and assess the facility’s “people capability needs” and develops strategies and plans to build that capability in alignment with One Beam Way.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity
- Opportunity to work for a great company with an opportunity to advance your career
- Being a part of a transformation of the bourbon industry into an efficient and effective operation.
- Ability to empower people to provide a quality product to our consumers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Requires hands on experience in facilitating and executing on- the- job training, development of work instructions, conducting Lean workshop/improvement projects resulting in documented benefits to efficiency, safety, cost and quality.
- Optimizes the use of Learning and Development Systems to manage, track, and evaluate competency based learning activities.
- Acts as internal learning champion with the Plant leadership team to ensure learning and development needs are analyzed, and prioritized.
- Provides cultural change management for the Plant in collaboration with the SSC and Plant Leadership team.
- Directs development and delivery of learning interventions to significantly enhance the performance of the plant personnel while positively influencing the engagement of employees at all levels
- Acts as a Training Liaison by collaborating with business unit leaders and Human Resource leadership to determine specific training needs, and conducts learning and development need analysis to meet identified needs and objectives
- Track the health of the site Learning and Development Program to include training accomplishments, gaps, and opportunities per business needs and as required by the ISO Standards.
- Assesses the effectiveness of training.
- Develops training plans and curriculums to meet identified needs and objectives
- Evaluates external content vendors and determine when vendor resources are appropriate
- Create and maintain the site training matrix to include …………
- BS or BA in Human Resources, Organizational Design or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in learning and development in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of competency based training practices
- Knowledge of instructional design and content development
- Proven facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of World Class Manufacturing or Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge in classroom instruction and facilitation.
- Knowledge in project management
- Ability to be self managed/ directed and capable of completing tasks with minimal supervision
- Extended experience executing continuous improvement initiatives in manufacturing or industrial environments
- Exhibit strong scientific and analytical understanding of the processes and quality systems.
- Ability to assess and track training effectiveness through the use of metrics
- Excellent communication skills both Oral and Written
To Apply/ Learn more about this position at Beam Suntory (through LinkedIN)
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
As one of the world’s leading premium spirits companies, Beam is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company’s brands, including Jim Beam Bourbon, Maker's Mark Bourbon, Sauza Tequila, Pinnacle Vodka, Canadian Club Whisky, Courvoisier Cognac, Teacher's Scotch Whisky, Skinnygirl Cocktails, Cruzan Rum, Hornitos Tequila, Knob Creek Bourbon, Laphroaig Scotch Whisky, Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey, Larios Gin, Whisky DYC and DeKuyper Cordials. Beam is focused on delivering superior performance with its unique combination of scale with agility and a strategy of Creating Famous Brands, Building Winning Markets and Fueling Our Growth. Beam and its 3,400 passionate associates worldwide generated 2012 sales of $2.5 billion (excluding excise taxes), volume of 38 million 9-liter equivalent cases and some of the industry’s fastest growing innovations.
Headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, Beam is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol BEAM and is included in the S&P 500 Index and the MSCI World Index. For more information on Beam, its brands, and its commitment to social responsibility, please visit www.beamglobal.com and www.drinksmart.com.
Posted on Wed, July 8, 2015
by Teresa Elmore