KIPDA kynector Program Outreach, Education and Enrollment Coordinator (Temporary)
Division: Social Services
Supervisor: kynect Program Supervisor
Class Characteristics: Under general administrative direction, assists with planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating all public information, outreach, education and enrollment events and related activities and services for the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange/KIPDA kynector Program.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Devise and facilitate means to engage the general public and targeted communities in KHBE enrollment activities.
2. Serve as contact person and respond to information requests from the public, the media, agencies, local officials and any entity interested in or needing assistance with enrollment in KHBE health insurance.
3. Coordinate and staff public information events, press conferences, and media interviews.
4. Prepare newsletters, press releases, meeting notices, and advertisements.
5. Translate technical data to information understandable to the general public.
6. Monitor media coverage and clip and file original articles.
7. Document, photograph, and report the process and results of the public involvement programs.
8. Assist with completion of required reports for outreach and enrollment events and in other related areas.
9. Network in the community to provide public and organization participation opportunities.
10. Prepare materials for outreach events; photocopies, update information, posters, etc.
11. Assist IPA staff with preparation for events and activities.
12. Attend meetings, conferences, and training locally and/or out of region.
13. Serve as Secretary and take meeting notes and record at kynector team meetings and other meetings as requested.
14. Perform other duties as needed.
Training and Experience: Bachelors degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field supplemented with one or more years experience in communications, marketing and/or journalism, office management.
Comprehensive experience and proficiency with mobile technology and Windows based software such as Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of federal and state statues, regulation, and polices related to the Affordable Care Act and KHBE.
2. Thorough knowledge of the social service and health networks.
3. Thorough knowledge of printing, marketing and information procedures
4. Thorough knowledge of the service area.
5. Thorough knowledge of computers and MS Office software.
6. Thorough knowledge of marketing and communication techniques.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Skill in the use of computers, software and other office equipment.
3. Excellent time management and organization skills.
4. Skill in making presentations to small and large audiences.
5. Skill in customer service and responding to participant inquiries.
6. Skill in writing and interpersonal communication.
7. Skill in handling multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
8. Skill in development of marketing packages.
1. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
2. Ability to develop and distribute promotional and communications materials.
3. Ability to compile and analyze data and present recommendations as necessary.
4. Ability to organize and prepare various reports and needs assessment for employers.
5. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, committee members and local government officials.
6. Ability to accomplish assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision.
7. Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects.
8. Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations.
Instructions: Somewhat general; many aspects of work are covered specifically, but must also use own judgment.
Processes: Required to occasionally consider different, new, or unusual approaches to complete work.
Review of Work: Work is reviewed by supervisor as needed.
Analytical Requirements: Problems require analyses based on precedent.
Tools, Equipment and Vehicles Used: Normal office equipment (computer, digital camera, copier, telephone, fax machine, etc.), must operate vehicle as a requirement of the job.
Physical Requirements of the Job: Work is typically performed in a climate controlled office environment within the office setting as well as in other settings throughout the community; often while sitting at desk or table with intermittent standing, walking. Lifting light objects (less than 25 pounds) is a requirement of the job; some work is performed outdoors; operating a vehicle is a requirement of the job.
Contacts: Frequent public and internal contacts requiring tact and diplomacy are requirements of the job.
Confidential Information: Regular use of confidential information is a job requirement.
Mental Effort: Moderate.
Special Licensing Requirements: Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Certification Requirements: KHBE kynector Certification
Additional Requirements: None.
To learn more contact me at: Kelli.email@example.com 502-266-5571
Posted on Thu, August 20, 2015
by Teresa Elmore