Interpreter (3 Positions) - Band 7, Full Time, Bluegrass Community and Technical College, Lexington and Danville
Summary: Provides services for students who are deaf or hard of hearing in advanced level classes and complex, technical or highly specialized classes requiring group participation and recitation by students.
10/16/2015 - Update: This posting will fill 3 vacant positions within the college (2 positions for Lexington campuses and 1 position for Danville campus).
· Performs interpretation in a classroom.
· Performs interpretation for college programs, services, and activities.
· Prepares interpretation for complex/technical subject matter.
· Minimum requirement of Bachelor's degree, or equivalent.
· Interpreters practicing in the state of Kentucky must hold a current license or temporary license granted by the KY Board of Interpreters for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in accordance with KAR 39:030, Section 3.
· Proficiency in the following areas: American Sign Language (ASL); English and PSE (pidgin signed language); Different modes of signing.
· Knowledge in the following areas: Cross cultural differences; Various types of assisting devices.
· Maintain the interpreter’s code of professional conduct (RID-CPC).
· All Interpreters must also have a national certification (RID CI/CT, CI, CT, NAD IV, NAD V or NIC, NIC-Advanced, NIC-master) or working toward certification with a certified mentor as required by KY Board of Interpreters for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
Long Description: Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) is a member college of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. As one of the two largest colleges in our system, BCTC transfers more students to four-year universities than any other college in the state. It awards certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in more than 40 career and technical programs with day, evening, and online classes serving more than 16,000 students annually at seven campuses. Customized workforce training serves more than 500 businesses annually. BCTC provides excellence in learning and service with caring, experienced professors, helpful staff, and excellent facilities and a focus on student success. The college sustains strong partnerships with our communities to improve economic vitality and quality of life in the region.
Contact: Megan Smith
To Apply: https://careers.kctcs.edu/job-details?jobID=28708&job=interpreter-2-positions-band-7&collection=true&enterprise_code=438
Posted on Tue, October 20, 2015
by Jacklyn Perdue