|Humana Information Technology Internship - Fall 2016 |
Requisition ID 153226
Business Overview Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals. Today, Humana is a leader in consumer engagement. Throughout its diversified customer portfolio, the company provides guidance that can both help lower costs and lead to a better health plan experience.
Humana's IT Internship Program
Location: Louisville, KY
This internship program is for current college students only. The internship will take place during the Fall of 2016. This is a paid position.
The Humana IT Organization is currently seeking interns who are interested in working in the Louisville, KY offices during the Fall semester of 2016. (Must be free to work a full-time 40 hour schedule)
Humana is offering an excellent opportunity for college students to learn about Digital and IT initiatives in the ever-growing healthcare field. Our interns will be exposed to the latest technologies and practices within a Fortune 100 company.
Humana is experiencing an exciting time of growth. A key ingredient to our success has revolved around our IT efforts. We have adopted Agile methodologiesfor development, and we use a wide variety of exciting industry technologies (web, mobile, social, integration, analytics, security, etc) to drive innovation and build software solutions while focusing efforts on strategic partnerships. Throughout this program, you will apply what you have been learning in the classroom to real-world situations. As an intern, you will be placed on an IT team, receive technical and business training, work towards the completion of a solution for a business partner or IT team, and grow your knowledge in the healthcare industry.
· Have an interest in pursuing the IT profession
· Be pursuing a degree related to the field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Computer Information, Computer Engineering, etc)
· Knowledge and understanding of current information and software development technologies and concepts
· Be classified, credit wise, as a Sophomore or higher rank by Fall 2016.
· Graduate with Bachelor's or Master's in Spring 2017 or beyond
- Must be free to work a full time 40 hour work week during the Fall Semester.
· Be actively involved on-campus and/or in the community
· Have a strong academic history - A minimum 3.0 GPA is desired
Humana does not provide visa sponsorship for our internships.
Schedule : Full-time
Primary Location: US-KY-Louisville
Work Environment Type: Office