Human Resourse Rep, Pactiv, St. Charles Chicago, IL
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
· Supports a plant population of 200+.
· Provide HR support to plant population.
· Help employees resolve wide variety of issues.
· Coordinate the hiring of new employees and ensure employment decisions follow company policy and employment laws.
· Process and manage weekly payroll, time and attendance.
· Respond to employee questions and complaints regarding a wide variety of issues (FMLA, work schedules, transfers, promotions, benefits, safety, unfair treatment, performance, personal issues, pay, company policies).
· Advise Unit Managers and Supervisors to ensure consistent application of corrective action of company policies and standards of conduct.
· Coordinate with Unit Mgrs and Dev. to determine hiring needs and ensure proper staffing.
· Conduct investigations.
· Assist with response to EEOC, DOL and unemployment claims.
· Communicates changes in HR related policies and benefit plans.
· BA/BS in HR or related field.
· Bilingual (Fluent Spanish) is required.
· Two to four years experience in a Human Resource position, preferably within a manufacturing setting.
· Familiarity with employment laws including FMLA, ADA and COBRA. Exposure to benefit administration highly desirable.
· Strong computer skills (ability to learn SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) training skills, customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills.
· High degree of comfort in conflict resolution situations is required.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com . Please clearly indicate that you need assistance.
Posted on Thu, December 3, 2015
by Jacklyn Perdue