Beam Suntoryin Clermont, KY - has Human Resources Generalist position available as of 6/2015
Position job posting found on LinkedIn under Human Resource jobs
Mission: The Human Resources Generalist contributes to the success of overall plant operations by assisting the Sr. Human Resources Manager with Employee Relations. Key areas of focus include recruitment, Labor Relations, training initiatives, skills development processes, on-boarding, and data processing.
- Manages grievance process to include investigation, answers and follow-up.
- Works with GBS to identify and interview qualified candidates for hourly roles.
- Manages the Bluegrass State Skills tax credits and grants.
- Serves as a mentor to managers and supervisors in contract interpretation and execution.
- Conducts investigations and provides solutions to issues in the plant.
- Provides assistant with capability needs and training requirements for plant and salaried employees.
- Conducts on-boarding for all salaried and hourly employees.
- Manage all data input for job changes, promotions, and other org chart changes.
- Manage the attendance tracking process for hourly employees.
- Interpret all HR policies and procedures ensuring equity and consistency.
- Assist with EEOC/Affirmative Action planning for the CL/BN plant locations.
This is a Great Opportunity because:
- Opportunity to work for a great company with an opportunity to advance your career
- Work with the Clermont/Booker Noe Operation to improve the overall success of the plants.
- Being a part of a transformation of the bourbon industry into an efficient and effective operation.
- Ability to empower people to provide a quality product to our consumers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a HR Generalist role.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Strong analytical ability, including knowledge to interpret data and provide recommendations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including previous experience in a management or supervisory role
- Demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing tools, principles and successful implementation as it relates to HR.
- Good working knowledge of Labor Laws as they pertain to union and non-union environments.
- Computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Power Point)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Human Resources preferred.
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
As one of the world’s leading premium spirits companies, Beam is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company’s brands, including Jim Beam Bourbon, Maker's Mark Bourbon, Sauza Tequila, Pinnacle Vodka, Canadian Club Whisky, Courvoisier Cognac, Teacher's Scotch Whisky, Skinnygirl Cocktails, Cruzan Rum, Hornitos Tequila, Knob Creek Bourbon, Laphroaig Scotch Whisky, Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey, Larios Gin, Whisky DYC and DeKuyper Cordials. Beam is focused on delivering superior performance with its unique combination of scale with agility and a strategy of Creating Famous Brands, Building Winning Markets and Fueling Our Growth. Beam and its 3,400 passionate associates worldwide generated 2012 sales of $2.5 billion (excluding excise taxes), volume of 38 million 9-liter equivalent cases and some of the industry’s fastest growing innovations.
Headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, Beam is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol BEAM and is included in the S&P 500 Index and the MSCI World Index. For more information on Beam, its brands, and its commitment to social responsibility, please visit www.beamglobal.com and www.drinksmart.com.
Posted on Wed, July 8, 2015
by Teresa Elmore