HR Manager Louisville Bottling Operations and Brown-Forman Distillery / FT / Louisville KY
Scope of Position
Lead all Human Resource initiatives for Louisville Production Operations (including unionized employees in Louisville Bottling Operations, Brown-Forman Distillery and Facilities Management, which consists of approximately 185 salaried and hourly employees). Build strong relationships and administers collective bargaining agreements for three unions including Teamsters, F&O, IBEW. Supervises two direct, salaried reports. Manage occupational safety and health activities for LBO/BFD. Responsible for performance and leadership coaching, employee development, employee and labor relations and various other activities to build management strength and leadership capability. Fosters a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement. Promotes a shared understanding of organizational values, operating principles, and cultural change imperatives and work to align HR policies and processes to support the achievement of business goals.
1. Employee & Labor Relations: Assist line management in creating a positive and productive employee relations environment; manage on-going employee relations and communications efforts; manage overall labor contract preparations and negotiations; prepare and manage grievances and arbitration; direct personnel services programs. Manage the HRIS employee data base and employee files and records. Manage HR data and record keeping including grievances, bargaining agreements, procedures and other applicable information. Manage hourly employee time and attendance, payroll and benefits administration. Serve as an advocate and liaison for hourly in resolving pay disputes, problems and securing information regarding payroll, retirement and other benefits issues.
2. Coach & Facilitate: Supports day to day HR management processes, facilitating the execution of people and business strategies through people and organizational development. Partners with the leadership teams within the corporate groups to execute people strategies, policies and procedures. Coach employees for effective use of HR processes for employee teams and leadership development, performance management, training, etc.
3. Performance Management: Oversees and supports corporate performance management activities via auditing and monitoring the annual PPR process ensuring timely completion; providing counsel with managers and employees on the performance management process including coordinating performance/development plans. Assist employees in aligning personal goals and development plans with the overall goals of the company.
4. Training and Development: Assist line management in coordinating activities/opportunities for employees to improve knowledge and skills by assessing salaried and hourly needs; communicating training offerings and participation; coordinating tuition reimbursement and job posting; and providing new hire orientation and career counseling. Identify and promote training opportunities, provide career counseling to hourly employees and coordinate tuition reimbursement.
5. Change & Diversity Management: Lead organization and culture change initiatives to build in operational flexibility, diversity management and leadership capability.
6. Talent Acquisition: Actively participate in the selection and placement of highly capable talent, i.e., getting the right people in the right jobs, based on a full understanding of the business, its culture and key goals. Manages the recruitment with the Global Talent Acquisition team to ensure the process runs smoothly to build the best, diverse workforce.
7. Occupational Safety and Health. Leads operations in management in ensuring the safety and welfare of all location personnel. Establish, monitor and manage the location’s safety and health programs, policies and efforts. Manage the location’s accident prevention programs. Manage accident investigation efforts and injured employee case management. Lead efforts to reduce accident and injury costs and employee impact. Ensure compliance with all regulatory, legal and Company policies related to occupational safety and reporting. Maintain employee medical files and records.
Must Requirements (including any physical requirements)
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related fields and 5-7 years’ experience as HR generalist in production human resource management preferably in a unionized facility. Equivalent education and experience combinations will be considered.
• Experience administering the grievance and arbitration process.
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees and build strong partnership with the union.
• High degree of maturity, credibility, confidentiality, integrity, and professional ethics.
• Excellent Communications: Proven ability to communicate information and ideas to others in an understandable manner.
• The ability to naturally encourage others and move the team or group toward the organizational goals. Excellent collaboration throughout the organization.
•Knowledge of HR functions and Processes. Provide an understanding of the HR profession and legal ramifications of non-compliance.
• Master’s degree in business or HR related discipline
• PHR, SPHR, Labor Relations or other related HR certifications.
• Human Resource and manufacturing experience in both union and non-union environments.
• Participation in union negotiations.
• Experienced working with Workday system
Apply on the website: https://www.brown-forman.com/careers/opening/?partnerid=11509&siteid=5010&jobId=1278885&Codes=W-LinkedIn
Posted on Wed, May 18, 2016
by Daran Kennon