Hr Assistant, Full Time, Johnson Controls, Inc., Louisville, KY
Start Date: As soon as possible
This position is responsible to assist the Human Resources Manager with all functions of Human Resources Department for all Koch Filter locations.
· Recruit office and plant hourly employees
· Work with Managers and Temp Agencies with the temporary work force
· Maintain HR matrix for full time and temporary work force
· Assist Managers and Supervisors with orientation of the temporary work force
· Prepare Attendance and absenteeism reports for full time and temporary work force
· Processes the temp staffing work hours to be provided to the temp staffing company's payroll
· Back up to the HR Assistant for the following functions:
· Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals
· Maintain personnel files of all plant hourly employees for all locations
· Administer payroll for all plant hourly employees for all locations
· Conduct new employee benefit orientation
· Assist employees with any problems/questions that may arise. Provide information regarding policies and procedures
· Assists production supervisors with completion of first report of injury and investigation forms
· Maintain records of hired employee characteristics for governmental reporting purposes
Requirements and/or Preferences
· Requires English/Spanish skills
Education: Associate Degree
Required Experience: 1 to 3 years
· Knowledge and ability to communicate in Spanish and English
· 1-3years of HR related experience.
· 2 or 4-year college degree in Human Resources, Business or related field is preferred
· Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint products.
· ADPE-Time and ADP Payroll experience preferred.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy.
· Detail oriented, problem solver with a professional attitude.
· Highly motivated with proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills.
· Ability to meet strict deadlines. Proven ability o be a team player and work independently.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Computer Skills: Toper form this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and general business software.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call 414-524-8999 and press option #0 or email HR_Recruitment@jci.com.
Apply Now : Link to job: Hr Assistant
Posted on Tue, September 1, 2015
by Jacklyn Perdue