Health Services Supervisor SUNRISE CHILDRENS SERVICES Mt. Washington, KY
JOB TITLE: Health Services Supervisor
DIVISION: Health Services
REPORTS TO: VP Health Services/ GRADE: G (Exempt) EEO: 2
Effective Date: 06/23/2011
PRIMARY FUNCTION & PURPOSE: Performs nursing services and ensures clients= health care needs are met; provides training to direct care staff; and ensures program compliance with medication and health related standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES: The responsibilities and duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Performs or assists with Kentucky Board of Nursing medication training.
* Oversees management of medications for clients.
* Provides education and training to staff regarding clients, medical conditions, medications, and treatments.
* Conducts initial and ongoing health screening assessments for clients and makes appropriate referrals to clinics and other community services.
* Conducts nutritional screenings for clients upon admission and provides on-going monitoring for abnormal deviations.
* Monitors use of prescription and non-prescription medicines by clients.
* Maintains accurate hard copy and electronic medical records for clients.
* Provides emergency medical treatment to clients and refers clients and staff for emergent care when necessary.
* Provides oversight to medication ordering and medical supplies.
* Works with supervisory staff to ensure program compliance with Joint Commission, OIG, and other contract standards.
* Orders SCM holds per program regulations.
* Attends Health Services Committee meetings
* Creates nursing care plan and provides input into treatment planning process.
* Assists with contract negotiation and serves as a liaison with medical/psychiatric providers and pharmacies on behalf of clients.
* Ensures implementation and monitors Infection Control Program.
* Provides TB testing/screening to clients and staff per procedure.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Interpersonal Skills: High degree of skill in verbal, nonverbal, written communication; sophisticated ability to identify, define, and explain complex problems and the persuasion skills necessary to implement solutions to the problems.
* Education: BSN/RN or ADN/RN with 4 years experience.
* Experience: BSN with more than 2 years of supervisory experience or ADN with 4 years of supervisory experience.
* Skills: Knowledge of standardized, but moderately complex policies, procedures and/or operations/programs requiring training and experience. Ability to organize moderately complex tasks and analyze complex issues.
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must maintain current registered nurses license in the Commonwealth of Kentucky; maintain appropriate amount and 15 hours of continuing education and training as required by licensing boards, policy, or accreditation standards; and complete and maintain required agency training including CPR certification.
* Creativity: Ability to generate imaginative work or ideas affecting multiple activities and the ability to conceptualize the implementation thereof; and the management of
staff and/or resources across work groups, programs, and departments.
* Responsibility: Significant impact on quality and efficiency of services or operation of agency or revenues/expenses. Permitted to make decisions on moderately complex problems/issues. This position requires being on call for consultation 24/7.
* Supervision: Supervision of 3 to 6 persons in a wide variety of activities or complex activities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and to reach with hands and arms.
The contact person here is Pat Carlisle or Holly Titus, both at 502.538.1000.
Posted on Tue, February 24, 2015
by Jacklyn Perdue