Finance Specialist-Payroll-P-1 Talbert House Opportunities Fulltime, First position Cincinnati, OH Posted 3/30/15
Position: Finance Specialist-Payroll-P-1
Company: Talbert House
time/ Full time: Full time, First
• Reviews and monitors HR Actions, new
hire, rehire, and transfer data after data entry into payroll system.
• Reviews and monitors data from Payroll
or HR change forms of personal information and/or elections which includes: tax
withholding, direct deposit, wage changes, benefit elections, liens,
garnishments, support orders, etc.
• Reviews and monitors completed
• Monitors and reports on the Voids or
reversals of erroneous checks and the re-issuing process that occurred.
• Responds to and resolves payroll related
inquires from employees and external entities via email, telephone and standard
• Preparation of all quarter end,
year-end and fiscal year end payroll and withholding tax returns.
• Preparation of all agency census
reporting and any discrimination testing reporting.
• Preparation of reports for Human
Resources, Budget, external auditors and internal customers. This involves
intermediate to complex external reporting.
• Analysis to payroll records for
• Generates and distributes a variety of
standard bi-weekly and/or monthly reports electronically or by paper form in a
timely manner. This involves intermediate to complex reporting.
• Assists other Finance personnel with
accurate recording of payroll transaction in the general ledger system.
• Maintain integrity of payroll software.
• Maintain integrity of wage databases
and generate monthly accrual reports as well as monthly labor distribution
reports to programs.
• Maintain Executive Level Compensation
• Payroll form development and process
• Assures compliance and informs agency
of changes in payroll regulations, laws and processes.
• Maintain agency intranet 'payroll
• Short Term Disability monitoring and
employee review. Initiates collections of overpayment and/or collection of
benefit premiums if covered by the agency in employee absence.
• Interaction/processing with Human
Resource Director on non-public information and processes.
• Preparation and timely remittance of
403(b), and 457 funds.
• Provides training and policy/procedure
education to staff.
• Performs non-repetitive accounting
duties demonstrating an understanding of accounting fundamentals, principals,
• Compiles and summarizes accounting
information, identifies inaccuracies or abnormalities in such information and
• Assigns and reviews work, completes
performance/competency reviews, authorized leave and initiates disciplinary
action and supervisor for one full-time regular or the equivalent regular
• Demonstrate acceptable administrative
and professional behavior; demonstrate good communication skills and a strong
customer service orientation; adhere to acceptable professional/clinical
boundaries and confidentiality requirements; interact with others in an
ethically, culturally sensitive and respectful manner; follow oral or written
direction; to maintain workflow; prioritize task; and use time efficiently.
• Demonstrate intermediate to advanced
technical knowledge of complex formats and formulas, graphics, tables,
computation, formatting and other applications in Word Processing and
• Supervise in a supportive environment.
• Assure compliance with administrative
requirements of contracts.
• Resolve routine computer software and
• Gather, collate and classify
information according to established methods
• Cooperate with coworkers on group
• Payroll and Wage-Hour Compliance
• Supervisory Practices
• Payroll Administration
• Contract specifications
• Social Security and Representative
• Talbert House programs, safety,
services, policies and procedures.
• Agency policies and procedures
This is a regular Full Time, first shift
position. Work days are Monday through Friday.
City, State: Cincinnati, OH
Location: Central Services-CFO
Type: Executive Office(HR, IT,
Finance, PR, etc)
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in
Business, Finance, Accounting or related area and 2 years of Payroll experience
are required. Five years of Payroll experience is preferred.
to apply: https://jobs.talberthouse.org/Careers.aspx?adata=Q1RQOKkNzhtwS%2b7kXC2VHYCW0Lt9xLO2vdaoqQdRj6l4MnrpnNWVQiU%2b1iiAa7gXDIcsD70%2bZy2Fqf60E6D%2fYApIIm%2fBCM1KCy4zLjJXkq0%3d
By: Mackenzie Rincon
Posted on Mon, March 30, 2015
by Mackenzie Rincon