EDF Communications Bilingual Public Relations Executive New York City, New York, United States
Description: Immediate opening for an executive with a PR agency communications background that is hardworking, flexible, detail oriented, able to handle multiple tasks/clients at once and interested in working for a boutique PR firm. The candidate must be fluent in both English and Spanish, based in the New York City metropolitan area, have experience and contacts within the U.S. Hispanic media market and managing corporate clients, and be an excellent writer in both English and Spanish.
EDF Communications is a fast growing international strategic communications and public affairs firm with headquarters in Miami, Florida, and offices in Washington D.C., New York and throughout Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Panama). A small boutique firm boasting both private sector and international development clients, EDF provides a flexible work environment offering telecommuting to its PR executives.
About the Job: Serve as a PR account executive specializing in the U.S. Hispanic media market, primarily in the NYC metro area. Manage multiple corporate clients’ media relations activities; organize and manage corporate press events and related logistics; Have ability to secure press attendance to corporate client events.
Years of Experience: 3 to 5 years in the communications field; corporate client experience required; experience in the entertainment arena a plus.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Working closely with multiple corporate clients to disseminate information to the U.S. Hispanic media market in the NYC metro area, and throughout the U.S.
- Organizing and managing corporate press events and related logistics; Securing press attendance to corporate client events.
- Assisting with the business development of the firm’s clients in the NYC area and international clients looking to target the U.S. Hispanic market beyond NYC.
- Drafting English and Spanish language content for clients, i.e. news releases, internal stories, monthly media coverage reports.
- Maintaining updated media lists with accurate contacts.
- Helping increase firm’s social media activities for clients.
- Conducting research regarding editorial, speaking and award opportunities for EDF executives as well as clients.
- Occasionally drafting award nomination forms on behalf of clients.
Written Communication, Verbal Communication, Social Media Communication, Listening, Phone Skills, Building Relationships, People Skills, Language Fluency, Deadline-Oriented, Persistence, Proactive, Creativity
Must Provide the following 4 requirements for consideration:
- Three to five professional references and include information on type of work you did for each reference; reference should be former employers and/or corporate clients
- English or Spanish writing sample
- Translation to other languge (English/Spanish) of 2-3 paragraphs of writing sample provided
Industry: Public / Community Relations
Job Function: Public Relations
Entry Level: No
Posted: August 12, 2014
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 2-3 Years
Required Travel: 10-25%
Posted on Thu, September 11, 2014
by Jacklyn Perdue