Dual Credit Difference

How is Dual Credit different from High School AP courses?

Both Dual Credit and AP courses are taught at the college level, but by participating in Dual Credit you get college credit along with the grade you earned immediately upon successful completion of the course.  In an AP course, you must pass the end-of-the-course AP exam in order to be eligible to apply for college credit once you have graduated from high school.  Also, the passing score on the AP exam may differ from college to college.    Dual Credit courses are taught by high school teachers who are also qualified college instructors.  Dual Credit teachers must hold at least a masters degree with a minimum of 18 graduate level hours in the subject area he/she teaches.  Those teaching AP courses do not have to meet these requirements.