Campbellsville University partners with over 20 high schools to offer qualified high school students the opportunity to enroll in CU courses for college credit. These are basic general education courses that will fit into most college curriculum.
What is Dual Credit?.... Dual Credit is a college level course taken by a high school student that counts toward high school and college credit. It is taught at the student’s high school during the normal school day. It is a great way to get a jump start on college courses while in high school.
Who can earn Dual Credit?
Qualifying high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors who are being taught college level material by qualified teachers may earn college credit while at the same time earning high school credit in their high school class. Acceptance into this program is based on academic achievement. The student must meet these requirements by the time he/she is enrolling in the course for college credit. Students who meet the following criteria may apply for admission:
- Currently be a high school sophomore, junior or senior
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25
- Meet test score requirements:
- ACT -- Minimum composite score of 21 with Sub-score of at least 19 in the subject area that corresponds with the high school dual credit course
- PLAN/PSAT – composite must be in the 60th percentile or higher both on the composite and in the subject area.
- (Note: A student also qualifies for dual credit by having an ACT composite score of 23, a sub-score of 19 in the subject area, and a 3.0 grade point average.)
Dual Credit Cost
Qualifying Dual Credit students pay $52 per credit hour, or $156 for a three hour credit course. This is a tremendous savings over the regular cost of college courses.
How do High School students apply and register for Dual Credit classes with Campbellsville University?
A CU representative will visit your high school (Dual Credit) classroom at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters to discuss the details of applying for Dual Credit and supply the necessary forms.