Position Title: Director of Music Ministries
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
Company Name: First United Methodist Church
Location of Job: Somerset, Kentucky
Company Address: 99 S. Central Avenue
City : Somerset, KY 42501
Position Description: First United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Music Ministries for our church located in Somerset, Kentucky. The full-time Director will enthusiastically dedicate their service and expertise to FUMC by working with adults and children of all ages and the congregation at-large to expand and grow its Music Ministry Department. Through various Music Ministries such as Chancel Choir, Praise Team, Chancel Hand Bell Choir, and Children's Choir, the Director of Music Ministries will develop, schedule, and supervise the full range of Music Ministries in new ways to connect FUMC attendees/members to one another and God.
- Baccalaureate or higher level degree in music from an accredited educational institution.
- Experience in Music Ministry with an emphasis in working with traditional and contemporary worship teams.
- 2+ years of experience in conducting and/or leading choral and instrumental choirs and/or worship teams.
- Piano/Keyboard skills with a proficiency in other musical instruments.
- Recruit, rehearse, and lead Chancel Choir, Praise Team, Chancel Hand Bell Choir, and Women's Ensemble.
- Lead or equip volunteer leadership for children and youth choirs.
- Coordinate worship plan with the pastor, organist, musicians, and volunteers.
Excellent Salary and Benefits. Salary is negotiable based on education, experience and/or training.
Contact Name: Rebecca Cathers - SPRC Chairperson
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (606) 425-0587
Posted on Sun, June 15, 2014
by Teresa Elmore