Director of Career Services, ITT Technical Institute, Charlotte NC Posted June 3, 2014
ITT Technical Institute is a leading provider of technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs designed to help students develop skills and knowledge they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. At our more than 140 accredited ITT Technical Institutes located in approximately 39 states, we predominately provide career-focused degree programs of study in fields involving technology, criminal justice, business, and nursing to approximately 60,000 students. Today, we continue to execute our model, add new programs of study, and grow at a very rapid pace building new campus locations across the country.
At ITT Tech we are committed to helping men and women develop the skills and knowledge to pursue many opportunities in fields involving technology, criminal justice, and business.
The Director of Career Services is responsible for planning, developing and administering career and employment assistance programs for students, graduates and alumni. The Director of Career Services will build effective relationships with local and regional corporations, non-profit and government organizations and community partners to identify employment opportunities.
Develops and implements marketing plans to achieve graduate employment goals.
· Maintains presentation skills certification.
· Organizes and sets the Career Services Program annually.
· Oversees training and development of the Career Services staff.
· Builds and maintains relationships with local and regional corporations and organizations.
· Develops and maintains systems used to identify employment. opportunities for students.
· Assists graduates in securing employment in their field of study.
· Provides career coaching and interview techniques through seminars and workshops.
· Oversees maintenance of Career Services database.
· Maintains department compliance with government and accreditation regulations.
· Manages quality surveys.
· Serves as a member of the school’s Advisory Committee.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in recruiting, career services and employment assistance, or in sales.
· Strong oral and written skills required.
· Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the Internet required.
· Proven track record of project completions, multi-tasking, and the ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
· Management experience required.
· History of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
At ITT Technical Institute, we are experiencing terrific growth and offer robust career development and advancement potential! We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), group medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, a tuition discount program of more than 50% for you and your immediate family members, and employee tuition reimbursement, just to name a few.
Visit us at http://careers-itt-tech.icims.com to learn more about us and apply online.
ITT Technical Institute issues, on an annual basis, a Safety and Security Policies and Crime Statistics Report. The Report discloses information about our College’s safety and security policies and procedures, and statistics concerning the number of particular crimes reported to each College and local law enforcement agencies as occurring on each College’s premises or public property adjacent to the School. The Report serves to inform each College’s students, prospective students, employees and prospective employees of the existence and enforcement of the College's safety and security policies.
To access the Report for calendar year 2012 and a Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act Notice, go to: http://info.itt-tech.edu/CAMPUS_SAFETY .
ITT Technical Institute will provide a paper copy of the Report upon request.
Posted on Tue, June 17, 2014
by Teresa Elmore