Digital Sales Manager. WHAS-TV. Gannett - Louisville, Kentucky Area
WHAS-TV in Louisville, KY is seeking an innovative and experienced Digital Sales Manager that has extensive and proven success launching, managing and executing strategic objectives to exceed local digital revenue goals including broadcast news websites, niche sites, mobile platforms, outside vendor partnerships, SEO/SEM and Social. The individual must possess strong leadership and collaboration skills and be a consummate team professional. Position reports to the Director of Sales.
What we need:
· This executive will be accountable for local digital revenue performance; working both strategically and tactically with other sales executives in the station and division.
· This individual will ensure our sales force is driving new digital sales (by assessing and facilitating the use of best practices in solutions based selling), up-sell of existing key account advertisers, while driving retention, and minimizing product cannibalization.
· A top priority of the position includes executing the strategic game plan and delivery of sales goals for each product category under the broadcast specific umbrella.
· This individual needs to be adept at creating innovative multimedia recommendations that integrate proof of performance strategies, indicating engagement and interaction between the client message and potential customers.
· This executive will help to define, develop, communicate, schedule and deliver training curriculum for local digital sales programs.
· The individual will hold sales executives accountable to performance by reviewing digital metrics, including forecasting to maximize opportunities and determine areas for improvement.
· The individual will Network nationally, regionally, and locally to stay abreast of emerging digital trends, rates and product solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
What you need:
· Minimum of 5 years digital sales experience (with a focus on local), 3 years digital sales management
· Expert knowledge of all facets of digital sales and marketing. Product knowledge must include, Targeted display, Social, SEO & SEM.
· Adept at creating new revenue opportunities from synergies between interactive sales and other mediums (broadcast, radio, print)
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Google Certified preferred.
· Must have advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office.
· Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and follow-through projects to completion.
· Strong presenter and communicator with internal and external customers and partners.
· Strategic thinker and disciplined executor comfortable developing and making recommendations to senior management.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Apply at: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/40898746?trk=eml-jymbii-organic-job-company-logo&refId=a6f4bfdd-e9d7-4581-8b91-cfad19f1943c&midToken=AQE1zjGHMk7CoQ
Posted on Tue, April 21, 2015
by Jacklyn Perdue