Dana Sealing Manufacturing, LLC
Location: Danville KY USA - Danville, KY, US - 500 Techwoo - 615
Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world’s original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities. Founded in 1904 and based in Maumee, Ohio, the company employs 23,000 people in 26 countries on six continents. In 2013, Dana generated sales of $6.8 billion. Forbes magazine selected Dana as one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in 2014. For more information, please visit dana.com.
Dana Corporation is seeking to fill the position of Quality Engineer in Danville, KY.
• Responsible for specific production lines and/or customer products with regard to overall quality requirements and improvements.
• Coordination of assigned APQP projects and the development and/or update of the following: Control Plans, Process Flow Diagrams, APQP Documentation, PMFEA’s, Inspection Instructions, and others as needed
• Design and development of specialized gaging as needed.
• Design and development of Quality system procedures and instructions as needed to maintain Quality System.
• Prevention and reduction of waste through the use of quality Tools, such as, but not limited to: Pareto analysis, Mistake Proof Devisions, Cost of Quality Analysis, Visual Indicators, Capability Studies, and other statistical tools.
• Prevention and resolution of Customer Concerns through the use of problem resolution tools such as 7D, 8D, Five Why, etc. problem solving processes.
• Ability to work in a team environment and foster continuous improvement in all aspects of the plant operations.
• Provide guidance to the quality engineering technicians as needed with regard to the following areas: Layout, Gage Calibration, Floor Inspections/Audits, Quality Checks, etc.
• Prepare periodic reports and other data for presentations to managers and/or plant personnel.
• Facilitation of Customer PPAP submission.
• Review Customer systems for non-conformances
• Trace and review status of engineering deviations and change requests
• Support APQP process
• Create and update quality documents as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
• 2-4 years experience in Quality with specific training to Quality tools and processes.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering field or equivalent combination of experience and education in similar fields.
• Ability and willingness to travel within geographic area.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineer (Design, Technical, Research, Software, Hardware)
v2 JOB CATEGORY: Mechanical Engineer
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employee
JOB PAYMENT: SALARY
SALARY RANGE: 0-0
% TRAVEL INCLUDED: 0
% TELECOMMUTE: 0
--LOCATION OF JOB--
ZIP CODE: 40422
JOB# (REQUISITION NO): PCK367-13120
EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years
STREETADDRESS: 500 Techwood Drive
To opt out send an email to email@example.com with 'unsubscribe' in the subject.
Posted on Wed, October 8, 2014
by Kyle Becknell