Wyatt Recruiting seeking graduate with bilingual abilities in both Japanese and English for a Buyer position is with a Japanese Automotive manufacturer in Franklin, KY. The company is growing and expanding every other year or so, and they need a bilingual Buyer in Japanese and English. I know that CU has always had great relationships abroad, so I am hoping that you may know some recent grads that could use agreat job with an opportunity to grow with this company.
Buyer Job Description
General Position Summary:
To manage supply base development and total cost improvement on assigned commodities for the company.
· Acquire materials, supplies, packaging and services, placing purchase orders for goods that have requisition approval
· Manage, develop and implement Supplier Performance measures for cost improvement and on-time delivery
· Foster and develop a “Development Partner” philosophy to select, develop and manage suppliers: Mutual Trust, Respect, Candor, Ethical Behavior, Continuous Improvement
· Maintain a world-wide supply base of competitive and innovative companies
· Act as primary contact for supplier negotiations and contracts on assigned commodities
· Drive the application and development of purchasing functional excellence
· Assist plant and suppliers in continuous improvement efforts and optimizing the capabilities of both group
· Proactively lead development of Minority Suppliers within the supply base
· Drive total cost reductions across entire supply chain in managing cost-out opportunities
· Travel to support supplier/entity issues (+/-10%)
Job Dimensions (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities or KSAs):
· APP certification preferred
· Strong computer skills
· Technical knowledge of Supply Chain, Management, Purchasing, Materials, Manufacturing and related functions
· Engineering/Technical Degree or equivalent experience
· Bilingual in English and Japanese (strongly preferred)
Email resumes to Ann Wyatt at email@example.com.
Posted on Thu, July 23, 2015
by Teresa Elmore