Associate General Counsel / Labor Relations. ResCare. Louisville, KY
We have an excellent opportunity for an Associate General Counsel / Labor Relations(Louisville, KY).
Under the supervision of our Chief Legal Officer, the Associate General Counsel / Labor Relations will assist in providing in-house legal services to ResCare, Inc. While these legal services generally include the provision of legal advice on a broad variety of ResCare business matters, we are seeking a candidate to spend a significant portion of his or her time conducting labor relations activities. The successful candidate must have at least five years of labor and employment law experience and will:
· Provide legal support to the Company and its subsidiaries including directly interfacing and advising our President/Chief Executive Officer, Chief Legal Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer, Chief Compliance Officer and executive leadership on legal issues in their respective lines of business.
· Serve as a subject-matter expert in all areas of collective bargaining.
· Lead ResCare’s management negotiations teams during collective bargaining.
· Develop labor relations strategies that are consistent with ResCare’s overall business and corporate strategies and work collaboratively with ResCare’s executive leadership regarding the labor implications of business decisions.
· Manage the day-to-day administration and implementation of the Company’s collective bargaining agreements by serving as ResCare’s representative in daily interactions with unionized employees and local and national union representatives.
· Coach and counsel ResCare’s leaders, managers, employees and HR business partners regarding collective bargaining agreements and other labor relations issues to ensure compliance with contracts and the NLRA.
· Engage in grievance management and conflict resolution activities.
· Represent ResCare union related hearings, mediations and arbitrations.
· Anticipate potential labor issues and engage in prevention activities.
· Represent the Company in investigations and ULPs and election/decertification petitions.
· Provide advice and counsel to ResCare leaders regarding union avoidance, union campaign strategy and contract negotiation strategies.
· Analyze economic and labor relations trends and report to executive leadership regarding the analysis.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with union leaders and develop strategies to gain union support for ResCare initiatives.
· Help to build and maintain a “best in class” legal team.
· Respect and appreciate ResCare’s mission. The mission defines the culture of ResCare and the Associate General Counsel should promote and communicate the mission while providing services.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
· Member of good standing with the Kentucky Bar Association or licensure in another state with eligibility for licensure in Kentucky.
· At least five years of relevant labor relations, union contract negotiations and employment law experience.
· Ability to analyze legal problems and provide efficient and effective legal services and advice. Ability to identify, strategize and respond to a broad range of issues related to business, operations and risk management.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully communicate with people from all levels within the organization as well as with external parties.
· A desire to work collaboratively in a small, dedicated Legal Department.
· Willingness to travel.
· Ability to work independently.
Apply today at : https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/41625412?trk=eml-jymbii-organic-job-title&refId=a6f4bfdd-e9d7-4581-8b91-cfad19f1943c&midToken=AQE1zjGHMk7CoQ
Posted on Tue, April 21, 2015
by Jacklyn Perdue