Assistant Director of Career Services Job Opening at ITT, Lexington KY
Tracking Code 2014-21730# Positions 1Location US-KY-Lexington
Minimum Experience (Yrs.) 2Category Career ServicesAPPLY FOR THIS JOBonline
ITT Technical Institute is a leading provider of technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs designed to help students develop skills and knowledge they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. At our more than 140 accredited ITT Technical Institutes located in approximately 39 states, we predominately provide career-focused degree programs of study in fields involving technology, criminal justice, business, and nursing to approximately 60,000 students. Today, we continue to execute our model, add new programs of study, and grow at a very rapid pace building new campus locations across the country.
At ITT Tech we are committed to helping men and women develop the skills and knowledge to pursue many opportunities in fields involving technology, criminal justice, and business.
The Assistant Director of Career Services provides career services and employment assistance to students, graduate, and alumni by building relationships with local corporate, non-profit and government employers and providing career counseling. Assists the Director of Career Services (DOCS) in implementing Career Services initiatives.
- Performs the duties of the Director of Career Services in his/her absence.
- Assists the DOCS in achieving graduate employment goals. Develops and implements initiatives to achieve these goals.
- Builds effective relationships with local and regional corporations, non-profit and government organizations and community partners to identify employment opportunities to promote the school’s qualified students and graduates.
- Successfully completes ITT/ESI’s Corporate Presentation Skills training program. Maintains presentation skills certification. Conducts professional presentations to employers regarding hiring relationships as dictated by corporate policies and procedures.
- Provides career coaching, including seminars and workshops, in interviewing techniques and other job search skills training to students and alumni.
- Maintains the Career Services database, documentation, reports and student records in accordance with corporate policies and procedures. Tracks and reports activities that measure the department’s effectiveness.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by understanding student and graduate needs, analyzing customer feedback and implementing appropriate improvement initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, ethical practices, and the guidelines of government and accrediting organizations.
- Assists the DOCS with facilitating the completion of quality surveys to measure graduates’ employment success and employers’ satisfaction with the quality of education provided to graduates.
- Keeps abreast of best practices, new career services opportunities and strategies.
- Participates in public relations activities promoting the school.
- May serve as a member of the school’s Advisory Committee.
- A bachelor’s degree in social science discipline, human resources, business, marketing, a related area or equivalent experience. Formal degrees must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
- At least two years experience executive search, employment staffing, outplacement services, career services, employment assistance, or sales experience in the corporate sector.
- Previous proven success in presenting sales or training material.
- Experience in organizing and writing reports and presentations. Able to interact with employees and clients of all levels.
- Efficiently and effectively utilize a personal computer and related software including departmental specific software, Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Proven educational or administrative experience in solving complex problems for individuals or teams. Experience with analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and exercise critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment skills.
- Proven track record of project completions.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining high level, quality work and output. Proven record and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented environment.
- Interacts in a cooperative and professional manner with others. Past history of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), group medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, a tuition discount program of more than 50% for you and your immediate family members, and employee tuition reimbursement, just to name a few.
Visit us at http://careers-itt-tech.icims.com to learn more about us and apply online.. or apply through LinkedIn network.
Posted on Fri, July 18, 2014
by Teresa Elmore