Administrator, Full-Time, Saint Joseph Montessori Children’s Center, Bardstown
Job Classification: Full-time, year-round
Hours: Monday – Friday | 7:30-4:00
Reports to: Saint Joseph Elementary – Montessori Liaison, Priest of Basilica of Saint Joseph Proto-Cathedral, SJMCC Board and SJMCC Stakeholders
Organization Summary: Saint Joseph Montessori Children’s Center (SJMCC) is an early childhood education center that uses the Montessori Method to educate and support students. We address the diverse needs of the young child within a Christian atmosphere. Based on the philosophy and principles of Maria Montessori, the center develops the whole person by leading the child to a respect for self, others and the environment. SJMCC is a Full Member of the American Montessori Society (AMS), member of the Archdiocese of Louisville, and is sponsored by Saint Joseph Elementary.
Position Summary: The Administrator is a centralizing leadership figure for SJMCC. The Administrator tends to issues that concern the school as a whole, facilitate communication with families and community members, and build a consensus amongst staff, families, and board members for the betterment of SJMCC and its present and future students.
· Maintain physical, emotional, and mental safety of children as a first priority.
· Ensure SJMCC adheres to Kentucky state guidelines, SJMCC policies and procedures, Archdiocese of Louisville policies, and the American Montessori Society guidelines.
· Oversees daily operations of school, ensuring a safe and friendly environment.
· Attends to tasks associated with the successful operation of SJMCC in an as-needed and sometimes hands-on
· Attend all board meetings and functions.
· Keeps board and sub-committees informed of all aspects of school operations.
· Maintains comprehensive set of records on students, staff, and prospective students.
· Works alongside the finance committee to develop and implement a balanced, annual budget.
· Maintains donor records.
· Assists the tuition manager of Saint Joseph Elementary with tracking of tuition and payments.
· Manages volunteer teams and leads fundraising plans.
· Manages purchasing throughout the year.
· Manages the recruitment, hiring, and dismissal of staff members, as necessary.
· Supervises all staff members and conducts evaluation.
· Counsels and advises staff members.
· Conducts school-wide staff meetings.
· Provides a professional working environment for all staff members.
· Coordinates recruitment of students and drives retention for all classes.
· Represents and explains the SJMCC mission, its programs, and the enrollment process to prospective families.
· Performs admission tasks necessary for new and re-enrolling students.
· Supports the head teacher(s) in coordinating their curriculum and achieving educational goals.
· Maintains school discipline policy in a consistent and respectful manner that aligns with the Montessori philosophy.
· Serves as liaison between teachers to resolve classroom issues, as necessary.
· Facilitate the entry, mid-year, and end-of-year assessments as necessary.
· Coordinates internal and external school communications.
· Acts as the official spokesperson for SJMCC.
· Develops and implements annual marketing plan.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
· Minimum of a B.A. degree in education (or similar field). Montessori training preferred.
· Dedication to the practice of the Montessori educational philosophy
· Administrative experience in school and/or non-profit organization environment
· Demonstrated leadership qualities
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Fund development experience
Before official hire, applicants will need to engage in the following:
· Criminal Record Check
· T/B Skin Test (test cost provided by the school, upon offer)
· First Aid/CPR certified (course cost provided by the school, upon offer)
· ECOOL online course (course cost provided by the school, upon offer)
· Pediatric Head Abuse Training course (course cost provided by the school, upon offer)
· Safe environment training by the Archdiocese of Louisville (free course)
Send resume, references, and a cover letter to Ms. Margaret Bowen, Assistant Principal of St. Joseph Elementary by email or mail.
320 W. Stephen Foster Ave
Bardstown, KY 40004
Posted on Mon, March 23, 2015
by Jacklyn Perdue