Activity/Security Monitor A-1
Location Court and Corrections
Requisition Code 2013-00000-GE-325-002
Job Type Support Services (Maint, Food Svc, Drug Lab, etc)
This position is Full Time, 2nd Shift. A valid driver’s license and current auto insurance are required. During the first eight weeks of employment, new hire must complete an internal training and pass a competency test on the electronic clinical documentation software. A new hire must complete an internal training and become a certified drug test collector within 30 days of hire.
Job Duties in Order of Importance:
• Monitor buildings and/or grounds to assure safety, custodial care, discipline, surveillance of residents and security of property, buildings, and equipment areas (e.g. checks for fires, damage, loss, theft, equipment malfunctions, locks and unlocks doors when required).
• Direct resident activities in assigned areas of the facility.
• Observe, investigate abnormal situations, report findings, and take action as appropriate to job role.
• Perform related security and safety functions (e.g. identifies safety violations; screens and checks clients/visitors entering and leaving premises; monitors environment and assist’s in controlling residents according to site protocols).
• Assist with self-administration of medication and maintain documentation.
• Handle and or assists in emergency situations(e.g. administer first aid) and cooperates with appropriate authorities.
• Respond to emergencies and /or incidents, which threaten safety or security of facility, staff, clients, or general public.
• Perform routine non-clinical intake duties as required by site.
• Assist clients and peers in making decisions utilizing established protocols.
• Monitor clients location and behavior changes.
• Operate vehicle to transport clients as required (e.g. hospital, doctors offices, other medical facilities, court hearings, placement).
• Complete and provide accurate and timely documentation (incident reports, log entries, etc.) and related record keeping duties.
• Communicate key information in a timely manner.
• Answer telephones.
• Answer questions/inquiries.
• Maintain accurate records.
Other Essential Demands (If Applicable)
Will need to pass the certified drug lab test and be able to observe and collect the urine of the female clients in the program for drug testing
High School Diploma/GED
Posted on Thu, January 9, 2014
by Kyle Becknell