ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE # 2016-4554, WAVE 3 News, Louisville KY
WAVE 3 News is seeking a highly motivated experienced multi-platform (TV & Digital) advertising executive. The successful candidate will work with a driven and highly motivated sales team to support the local television and digital sales operations of WAVE 3 News. The primary responsibility will be to maximize NEW business revenue on NBC, WAVE 3 NEWS, WAVE3.COM and other WAVE 3 News digital platforms. Responsible for revenue goals which includes developing new business by selling custom market solutions.
- Develop new-to-television advertisers through prospecting, networking, cold calling, conducting customer needs analysis and presenting innovative ideas and effective television and digital campaigns; closing and managing the business.
- Sell WAVE 3 News television and digital to direct clients and to advertising agencies and their accounts within the Louisville, KY DMA.
- Recognize multi-platform and/or multi market opportunities that will benefit WAVE 3 News; work with management to bring solutions for clients.
- Understand competitive landscape and be able to position WAVE 3 News brand(s) in order to maximize WAVE 3 News value.
- Develop accounts from existing linear business to digital business. Achieve monthly and quarterly sales goals.
- Be knowledgeable about the market/industry and proficient in our programming, social marketing, digital opportunities and sports assets that WAVE 3 News and NBC offers. Maintain strong working relationship with direct clients and all other personnel related to the purchase of Louisville media.
- Represent a favorable station image to the Louisville community. Handle all necessary paper work and systems entry in a timely manner.
- Become proficient in all television and digital systems. Project and forecast activity of all accounts. CORE
COMPETENCIES: Persuasiveness/Sales Ability, Motivated, Results-Oriented, Organized, Leadership skills, detail oriented.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
BACHELOR’S DEGREE/COLLEGE PREFERRED, MICROSOFT WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT
MINIMUM THREE (3) YEARS PREVIOUS MEDIA SALES EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter.
No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Sandy Osborne / Executive Assistant * Human Resources/ office: 502-561-4140 / firstname.lastname@example.org
WAVE 3.1 Bounce 3.2 Grit 3.3
Posted on Tue, January 12, 2016
by Teresa Elmore