Educational Ambassador Ameson Year in China (AYC) China
Ambassador – Launch your career with a year in China.
Description: Learn one of the
world's most in-demand languages, acquire professional experience, grow
personally, and improve future employment prospects in the U.S. and abroad.
Ameson Year in China (AYC) is designed for recent college graduates to
launch global careers by spending a year teaching, learning, and making a
difference in public schools across China. AYC participants benefit from being
immersed in one of the world’s fastest developing cultural, economic, and
political landscapes. Educational Ambassadors are expected, each week, to spend
twenty hours teaching English, ten hours engaging in on-campus activities or
office hours, and ten hours in collaborative or self-directed pursuits, such as
language learning, exploration, or research.
• 5000 RMB (~$800) a month
• 7500RMB (~$1,200) Travel Allowance
• Full Legal Status (Chinese Work Visa & Residence Permit)
• TEFL training and certification (free 120-hour course)
• Health insurance
• Chinese language lessons
• Cultural excursions arranged by host schools
• Housing (conveniently located)
• Airport pickup and ongoing support
• Native English (with US, UK, or Canadian Passport)
• Bachelor’s degree, or higher • Must be able to pass criminal background
• Must be adaptive and culturally sensitive.
• Positive attitude toward educational exchange
Founded in 1994, the Ameson Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental
organization committed to the advancement of cultural and educational exchange.
Its honorary Chairman is Dr. Boutros Boutros-Ghali, the former Secretary
General of the United Nations. As the 21st century unfolds, Sino-American
relations continue to grow in importance. At Ameson, we believe that lasting
stability can be achieved through dialogue and exchange. We are seeking future
leaders to fulfill that mission.
Get more information and apply today
on our website: http://www.goayc.org/#about
AYC - Office of Recruitment
Suite 500, Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center
Washington, D.C. 202-618-6033
Posted by: Mackenzie Rincon
Posted on Wed, April 15, 2015
by Teresa Elmore