Multi-Skilled News Anchor / WHAS 11 / Louisville KY
Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Multi-Skilled News Anchor
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WHAS 11, a TEGNA Media station, is looking for a great journalist and anchor who can take our award winning morning and mid-day newscasts to the next level. We want a journalist who can not only deliver the news from the behind the desk but also find it and tell it from the field.
The ideal candidate can enterprise, shoot, write and edit their own stories and has expert social media skills.
In this role, you will:
• Anchor multiple newscasts
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
• Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts.
• Work with producer and co-anchors to produce unique, fast-paced newscasts.
• Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
• Perform other tasks as required by Supervisor or Executive Producer.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 2-5 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
• A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS, Adobe Premiere and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Posted on Tue, May 24, 2016
by Daran Kennon