Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery. The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s is home to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adult and pediatric care–treating more than 51,000 patients annually. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University.
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she Responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Minimum Education: Medical Center - BSN for all transfers and new hires.Community Hospitals - ADN
Registered Nurse (RN) License Required.
Minimum years in field previous to employment: None Required
Preferredyears in field previous to employment: None Required
1. Utilizes the nursing process to ensure appropriate patient care is provided in a cost effective, quality driven, and patient focused manner. Collects pertinent social, psychological, developmental and spiritual data from the patient, significant others and other health care team members.
2. Performs as ongoing assessment, formulates nursing diagnosis and goals, plans appropriate interventions, and evaluates the outcome of the interventions.
3. Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality patient care requirements.
4. Provides appropriate teaching and information to patients and families including information on Pain Management, Nutrition, Skin Integrity, Fall prevention, Diabetes, Disease Process, Smoking Cessation, and Discharge instructions
5. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of the patient, Hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision –making, and ensuring patient safety.
6. Uses interventions substantiated by research as appropriate in the patient population, Participates in research activities, identifies opportunities for research, and collaborates with the Outcomes managers and department.
7. Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the quality and the effectiveness of nursing practice.
TEXAS-HOUSTON-ST LUKE'S MEDICAL CENTER
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period80
Weekends RequiredEvery Other